What is for dinner, Wednesday, 1-07-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VB, do you do your chops in the oven or stovetop.

Leftover salisbury steak for me.

Hello Luvs! :)

I like to brown them in a skillet with 1-2 Tbsp olive/veg oil, then transfer them to the baking sheet to finish in the oven for 30 minutes or so... If I decide to add a beef-based or mushroom soup gravy, increase that to 1 - 1 1/2 hours @ 350.

Tonight is Wed. date night. DW and I will probably go to our favorite tavern and have veritable feast of deep fried goodies...

beef vegetable soup, turned out very well thanks to Uncle Bob, Andy M, Jeeks and Charlie D. It did turn out different from my usual vegetable soup, maybe because I added a quart of canned tomatoes and rice?

and NYTimes bread spread with roasted garlic

It is back to cooking, the mini vacation is over.......I am not sure, but a lemon potato salad does sound good right now....maybe with sage pork chops and lots of veggies. Think I have talked myself into it; off to the freezer to take the chops out. :LOL:

Ham barley soup thawing out on the counter. I'll make a couple of NYT rolls in the toaster oven. Painting DS's bathroom today so no time to cook. He flew out today for the Consumer Electronics show in Vegas till Sunday with two friends.

bethzaring said:
maybe because I added a quart of canned tomatoes and rice?

....:ermm: I didn't know you could make veggie soup without at least a quart jar of mators.;)

I think we can fill up on refrigerator scraps tonight!

I was going to make pizza but since I just ate a huge wedge of cheese I don't think I will be very hungry so maybe leftover meatloaf for that man of mine.

Ok, bacon cheeseburger meatloaf for sure, I already mixed up the meatloaf part and have the bacon thawing a bit to chop up.
also mashed potatoes and steamed carrots.

I have no idea. I had a long day at work, the weather is complete blah (sleet). I am enjoying a glass of cognac.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom