Sunshine's Zucchini Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
For those who garden and plant zucchini this is a great way to use up your harvest especially when you are sick of eating zucchini in other ways. If you wind up with enormous zucchinis just slice, deseed and zip them through your food processor.
Pie Susan

Sunshine's Zucchini Bread

Yield: 2 9-inch loaf pans. If you use 8-inch pans for your loaves you will have to bake them about 15 minutes longer.

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt (I use scant 1/2 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
Grease two 9x5x3 loaf pans and set aside. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Beat the eggs and add with the rest of the ingredients to the flour. Mix well. Scrape the bowl often and keep mixing for several minutes. Pour into pans and bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 1 hour 20 minutes. A toothpick should be clean when you test the loaf. Let cool slightly before removing from pans. Then, cool right-side up on racks. This bread freezes well.

Notes:
People who don't like zucchini bread seem to like this one.
Before it goes into the oven, I throw an extra handful of chocolate chips on top. It makes for an extra pretty loaf.
I never worry about the extra moisture in the zucchini with this recipe because it is a very stiff dough.
This last summer I made more of these than I care to admit--I kept being given enormous zucchinis from friends who garden. I just spread the love in sweet bread form.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom