Does anyone here live in the Houston Area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yakuta

Head Chef
Since we not only discuss food but also life on this board, I need help with a change that is looming on the horizon. I need some advice from those of you who live in the suburbs of Houston.

We may be contemplating a move to Houston and I don't know much about the area. I have two kids (8 and 11) and areas with good schools (public, not private) are really important to me.

As far as commute goes, my husband is the only one who would be commuting so we can deal with it. The key is schools.

We will have time before we move (about 6 months to a year) but just thinking about it stresses me out a bit especially because I want to have minimal impact to my kids.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sent you a PM....

BTW Houston has great food too... really.. I make a list of placed to eat every time I go there.

I spent all my summers in Houston when I was younger. My Aunt and Uncle lived there. My cousin went to Aldean. I am not exactly sure on the spelling, but it was a really nice school. I have had friends over the years that have lived all over Houston. Enron took care of some of them, but all I heard from each one was how great the schools were. My uncle worked as ATCP at Bush International, so they were in North Houston. When one set of friends moved back to LA from TX, their son was bored out of his mind for about 6 months. For most of the school year here, they were covering stuff that he had already done in Houston.

Thank you simplicity and padams for your help.

Simplicity how can I tell what areas these school districts belong to. If you can PM me with this information that would be great.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but I still have time and I keep hoping something changes and we don't have to put our kids through this change but I want to be ready if we have to in 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom