TN - Tullahoma ... need info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
I'm going to Tullahoma, Tennessee Feb 4-9 to fly fish for trout and hang out with some friends for a few days (Grown men behaving poorly).

#1 Has anyone even HEARD of Tullahoma?

#2 Anyone know any Diners, Drive-Ins or Dives I should visit while I'm there?

I'm flying into Nashville but heading South asap so I can start fishing immediately. I'm not into touristy things...that's what my wife does and then bores me with the details.:sleep: The food joints are just a necessary evil to keep up our strength. This is all about male bonding around fish and strong drink. :LOL:

Have you ever smoked trout? I love the stuff, Joe. Or trout almondine. mmmmm

Have a blast! Sorry that I can't give you any info.

You're pretty much half-way between Nashville and Knoxville, so there should be some good eats available. You might travel through Murfreesboro, which is a city of some size, so you might want to poke around there for some yummies.

Good luck and have a great time.

Have you ever smoked trout? I love the stuff, Joe. Or trout almondine. mmmmm

Have a blast! Sorry that I can't give you any info.

I love most fish, but cannot stand trout. I've tried it dozens of different ways, but can never quite stomach it. Also, I'm a catch & release fisherman. The only fish I keep are Lake Erie walleye and perch. the rest go back to be caught another day.

Hey Joe, I have a friend who owns some BBQ resteraunts in and around the Leoma area. He tells me thats about 45 min. from Tullahoma.

If you get over that way, look for Rick BBQ! He's got several locations and a website with specifics.

Hey Joe, Sorry I cant help with your particular question about diners and or dives but I like your style. If you and your friends ever get the urge to head west for some fishing I would love to be your host for some great fly fishing and good eats as well as some strong drink all in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Check out my website and good luck in Tullahoma.

Tullahoma

Enjoy your time there. I am from Winchester, TN which is next to Tullahoma. You will not be very far from Lynchburg which is where Jack Daniels is made. It is a great tour. Also Lynchburg is a quaint little town.

...#1 Has anyone even HEARD of Tullahoma?

#2 Anyone know any Diners, Drive-Ins or Dives I should visit while I'm there? ...
I grew up in Tullahoma, and my parents still live there. After liquor-by-the-drink laws were passed, all the chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, etc) moved in. So you won't have trouble finding something to eat.

There is a Mom & Pop catfish place called "Granny Fishes" on the Shelbyville highway you might want to visit. Also, I'm told Miss Bobo cooks fine meals at the restaurant in Lynchburg (about 18 miles away).

Feel free to PM/email me if you want detail not covered in Wikipedia.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom