What's for Dinner Sat January 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm leaning towards flat iron steak.... polenta perhaps.... and a salad. I don't have it all figured out yet!

Oh... I'm sneaking another Quiche in!! Man, that stuff is good!

Cheers!

It will be fish tonight...Catfish fried.
There will be Cocktails...Bloody Marys I think...
I want German Chocolate Cake for dessert, but don't have everything that's needed, and I ain't gonna hook up the wagon to go to town for just that...I'll settle for~~~
Chocolate Ice cream.......

rib eye steak, nice and rare with mushrooms and peppers sauteed in butter. mashed potatoes, and asparagus i think. gonna make choc chip cookies.

maybe bake giant banana muffins-sugarless of course.

We just had toasted turkey and swiss sandwiches with salad and home made potato chips for our early dinner (it is just after noon here. Later I will probably have perogies while DH is at work.

I figured it out:

Pan fried flounder with a corn salad (corn, cherry tomato, pickled shallot, some sort of tart/vinegary dressing).

German chocolate cake is chocolate cake layers with a filling and frosting made of sweetened milk, coconut and pecans. Want some?

Meeee!Meeee!Meeee!Meeee!

Well I was at the store the other day and was checking out the spice isle and they had Zataraines Creole Sesoning on sale, 8 ounces for 81 cents. Well, I've never used Creole Seasoning before but for that price, I couldn't resist the temptation. In the crockpot I have 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into small strips, I poured a mixture of 1 cup of teriyaki sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, on top. I have no idea how it will taste :ohmy: but it smells pretty doggone good in here :LOL:. I'll make some white rice and a salad to go with it.

I did it to myself.

I've made chili for too long to remember. Today it's chilly and overcast, a chili type of day. I started a big pot this morning. Then came the taste test. It is way too hot-spicy. I put a dollop of sour cream on it to tone it down.

At least I will have a lot of leftovers. I'm going to have to put it on rice or corn chips, then add the cheese, tomatoes and lettuce, maybe even a soothing avocado to make it edible.

Boy, did I mess up!:(

Well, I just found out I'm not on my own. :wacko:
I'm going to find some recipe or just throw something together, using Chorizo sausage, sliced bell pepper and spaghetti. I'll probably make a creamy sauce.

I'm giving my sweetie, just spaghetti, plain sauce, spinach salad with honey-mustard dressing... bread-n-butter. His stomach can't handle anything spicy.

I'll post pictures later.

Back
Top Bottom