What's for Dinner Sat January 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vanilla bean, with those ingredients you could make rigatoni (or ziti) alla romana. one of my all time faves!
it's tubular pasta, tossed in a pink, cheesey, creamy tomato sauce with cubed sausage.

the chorizo would work just as well, though.

quickly sautee the cubed chorizo with a little diced shallots in evoo, then simmer in a plain tomato sauce for a few minutes. just before you're ready to serve, stir in cream and grated cheese. toss with the pasta. yum!
:chef:

oh yeah: umm, the peppers. add to the salads...lol.

I was all psyched to make chicken parmesian tonight. Went to get started and the chicken had not defrosted yet :(

So..with much disappointment that's on hole until tomorrow and tonight we just called out to Ruby Tuesdays to get take away.

vanilla bean, with those ingredients you could make rigatoni (or ziti) alla romana. one of my all time faves!
it's tubular pasta, tossed in a pink, cheesey, creamy tomato sauce with cubed sausage.

the chorizo would work just as well, though.

quickly sautee the cubed chorizo with a little diced shallots in evoo, then simmer in a plain tomato sauce for a few minutes. just before you're ready to serve, stir in cream and grated cheese. toss with the pasta. yum!
:chef:

oh yeah: umm, the peppers. add to the salads...lol.
YUM!
yum.gif
BUT, I have to farfalle. I'm not going out to the store now. I'll post pictures later! :)

Well I had little sloppy joe left from the other night so I mixed some corn into it and shredded provelone cheese and then grilled it into a whole wheat tortilla....very tasty for a 5 minutes meal!!

Had to work today so decided a "special" dinner was in order

Filet Mignon w/Blue Cheese, Baked potato, salad w/ blue cheese vinaigrette and a nice bottle of red

It was cold with freezing rain today in good ol' Ohio - I made a killer pot of Chicken Tortilla soup and served it with corn tortilla strips and fresh cheese and onion quesadilla's - yum!

Well, I just found out I'm not on my own. :wacko:
I'm going to find some recipe or just throw something together, using Chorizo sausage, sliced bell pepper and spaghetti. I'll probably make a creamy sauce.

I'm giving my sweetie, just spaghetti, plain sauce, spinach salad with honey-mustard dressing... bread-n-butter. His stomach can't handle anything spicy.

I'll post pictures later.
Here was my dinner. Mark just had the spaghetti, but the spinach salad was his. Buckytom told me to use the peppers on the salad, but I love peppers with pasta. So, I gave Mark carrots on his salad instead and made a terrific dressing with just alittle EVOO, yellow mustard and honey. The cheese I used in my creamy pasta sauce was Havarti--that is all I had on hand. That is one of the yummmmiest cheeses!
yum.gif
It really made for a delicious sauce! And, the Chorizo started off in cubes, but lost their shape during cooking.
img_768820_1_65621c6764595a75438f9b8a264aa143.jpg

img_768820_2_8214fae1db24edbfd09273222ec1eb01.jpg

img_768820_3_d480dc33145126ddc32c7f65183901f0.jpg

img_768820_4_23c6d1638bec58588110a752c46f034b.jpg

Turns out I didn't make the chicken stew...I'm in the midst of preparation for a big dinner today - we have several friends who share January birthdays with us, and I always host a little celebration dinner party. This year, I'm making two kinds of lasagna (classic and seafood) and a chocolate truffle mousse cake. Got started on the lasagnas yesterday afternoon and baked the foundation for the cake...cooked the scallops and cleaned/cooked the shrimp, made the lasagna sauces, then realized I needed something quick and simple for dinner. Confession time: I sliced some roasted turkey I bought at Costco, heated up a can of Campbell's turkey gravy, made some glorious mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cream and cooked some frozen mixed veggies. DH cleaned it up like it was a feast. And it was pretty good, I'll have to say. Comfort food. The stew comes later in the week.

Turns out I didn't make the chicken stew...I'm in the midst of preparation for a big dinner today - we have several friends who share January birthdays with us, and I always host a little celebration dinner party. This year, I'm making two kinds of lasagna (classic and seafood) and a chocolate truffle mousse cake. Got started on the lasagnas yesterday afternoon and baked the foundation for the cake...cooked the scallops and cleaned/cooked the shrimp, made the lasagna sauces, then realized I needed something quick and simple for dinner. Confession time: I sliced some roasted turkey I bought at Costco, heated up a can of Campbell's turkey gravy, made some glorious mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cream and cooked some frozen mixed veggies. DH cleaned it up like it was a feast. And it was pretty good, I'll have to say. Comfort food. The stew comes later in the week.
I read someone's quote that said, "If I am what I eat, then I'm cheap and easy." I have been that way several times, and your last-minute dinner sounds really tasty! :chef:

My mother used to make me a German's Chocolate Cake for my birthday every year (I believe it was originally called "German's" to reflect the type of chocolate used, as well as the inventor of the cake). It is a milky chocolate - not sure if it is still available, and the cake is very moist, with a buttery, coconutty, pecan-y frosting. Just yummy.

Here was my dinner. Mark just had the spaghetti, but the spinach salad was his. Buckytom told me to use the peppers on the salad, but I love peppers with pasta. So, I gave Mark carrots on his salad instead and made a terrific dressing with just alittle EVOO, yellow mustard and honey. The cheese I used in my creamy pasta sauce was Havarti--that is all I had on hand. That is one of the yummmmiest cheeses!
yum.gif
It really made for a delicious sauce! And, the Chorizo started off in cubes, but lost their shape during cooking.
img_769336_1_65621c6764595a75438f9b8a264aa143.jpg

img_769336_2_8214fae1db24edbfd09273222ec1eb01.jpg

img_769336_3_d480dc33145126ddc32c7f65183901f0.jpg

img_769336_4_23c6d1638bec58588110a752c46f034b.jpg
That looks wonderful! I love all the colors in the salad!!!

Couscous salad with chickpeas, dried cranberries, green peas, scallions, etc. with a balsamic/orange dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom