Individual Puff Pastry Apple Pies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it seemed too good to be true, and it was.

I made these, and if there had been 9 people to eat them when they came out of the oven, it would have been a success.

But they did not reheat well in the microwave, and weren't good cold. Maybe I could have tried the toaster oven, but I'm just going to scrap this recipe!

Lee

They look good! I bet some vanilla ice cream on top would have been nice!

I imagined something different when I pulled up the thread.
I'm doing dinner for 8 tomorrow night at my dad's.
I'm doing a seasoned porkloin roast, oven roasted potatoes and carrots, gravy and I don't know what else.
But I saw this thread and though, YUM! Apples go great as a dessert with a pork dinner. And it's chilly here, so I don't mind having the oven on extra time.
What I pictured was a puff-pastry type cup with an apple/spice filling. But those look scruptious, even if you're not happy with the outcome.

So, what I thought I'd do is in a muffin tin surround the cups with the puff pastry, or would phillo be better, (I have both in the freezer) and fill with an apple type mix.
I stink at pies, so could you tell me how I would fill them?
What would mimmick a pie type filling? Any recipes?
Then, yes, I would top them with a dollop of ice cream or whipped.

The filling in the recipe I linked was fine, quicksilver. It was the puff pastry I wasn't happy with.

I'd use pre-made pie crust next time. Would you consider that in your muffin tins?

Lee

I thought you had made something else, too but those look fantastic. I would be happy to scarf one down!

pie addition

I've made similar desserts - reheating them in the oven works well. Try brushing the individual pies with melted apricot preserves and sprinkling with granulated sugar for a pretty finish.

Back
Top Bottom