King Nut Peanut Butter Recalled in Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been looking in the newspapers and all over the internet...I can only find 3 or 4 of the "at least 15" products being recalled for possible salmonella contamination, and would like to know what the others are. Anybody have a link, or can list them, please? Thanx.

Here's a statement from Kellogg's:

BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Jan. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Kellogg Company today announced a voluntary recall of certain Austin® and Keebler® branded Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers and select snack-size packs of Famous Amos® Peanut Butter Cookies and Keebler® Soft Batch Homestyle Peanut Butter Cookies because the products have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. No other products are involved in this recall.

Just to be clear. King Nut is only the distributor of this peanut butter. None of their own nuts were involved in the recall effort. King Nut is still a safe company to purchase from. I know Marty Kanan personally and he is an honest man and a good musician (lol). He would never do anything to jeopardize his family's name or business.

Under investigation are 32 of the 85 companies that Peanut Corp. supplies, because of when they received shipments of peanut butter or paste. The companies are being urged to test their products, or pull them from the shelves as Kellogg did. I would like to know what companies and what products. The companies' names should be a matter of public record, but apparently are not. Until I know, I'm not buying anything containing processed peanuts. And I'm a label reader.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom