Two new beauties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
This is the first time blooming for both of these orchids. Thought I'd share them with y'all.

Attachments

• orange and purple0002.jpg
    orange and purple0002.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 172
really pretty, I have a pink one, usually has a ton of blooms but only has one right now

What are they, Constance? Oncidiums?
Beautiful. The blooms should last for at least a month or 2.
But read up on their fertilizing and water needs.

Surprising to most, they are the easiest things to grow.
I have a bunch of Phalaenopsis for years. And each on turns into 2 and 2 to 4 and so on.
I got some of mine because after they bloom, alot of people throw them out - not much to look at after the bloom. But I keep and maintain them through the year.

Have fun and hope your collection grows.

Looks like maybe 1 phalaenopsis and 1 oncidium.

I have always wanted to own an orchid, but I thought they were difficult to grow and maintain.

Are they, Connie? Yours are lovely!

Lee

As with any plant, QSis (hello again) just duplicate it's natural environment and wah lah!
They either grow on the ground (Lady Slippers are a good example) in a rich loomy soil, or on a tree (tropical regions)
They need good air circulation and moist air. 12-14 hours of light daily, but not in a hot window for indoor growing. (Sort of what you need for african violets.)

Try starting with a small one 3" pot, you can buy at one of the BIG BOX home centers. There's always an identity tag on them. And the stores will only have what is good for YOUR particular area - hopefully.

Constance - the orchids are beautiful, but, where is that cute little frog? :LOL: That image has never left my mind. It looked like this fat, huge frog but in reality was what...about an inch or so long?

Back
Top Bottom