Essence of Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
Been super busy with work so I haven't posted a food pic in awhile. Finally got a new camera though. This dish was meant to capture the pure essence of lobster. The lobster was slow poached in butter, the sauce is a butter that was infused with lobster bodies and then clarified, and the foam was infused with both lobster and a little chorizo. The acid and fat from the chorizo helped to bring out the flavors of the lobster.

Butter Poached Big Island Keahole Lobster
Green Papaya and Hearts of Palm Salad, Lobster Butter, Chorizo-Lobster Emulsion

Man does that sound amazing. You had better have a talk with your staff there though because I think someone spit on your lobster :LOL:

The description sounds awesome, the presentation is awesome.... until I get to the foam... sorry man I am just too squeamish and for some reason foam does make me that way... I don't know why.
But that isn't to say I wouldn't give it a taste... I would just close my eyes first so I don't see the foam!

it does sound great, and i'm sure it tastes good, but i have to agree with gb; a smoker hocked a loogey on your lobster.

lol, you could call it the loogey lobster special. :chef:

outside of that, it's good to see you again, ic.

FYI... I went more off the description of his dish than the photo... I'm not a big fan of foam, but the way he described it sounded like something I would definately order!

I'm sure it was delicious, the decription sure comes across that way. I'm sorry and please don't take offense but that foam reminds me of something very unpleasant. I think it would look much more appetizing without it but to each his own and I'm sure it's very pleasing to a lot of folks.

Christmas eve dinner, my entree was adorned with foam. It was actually full of flavor, not bland as I imagined. I'd like to get into some of those scientific methods this year (my resolution).

Lobsta looks great.

My mission is to uphold the legacy of the foam.

Actually, I'm thinking of cutting back. When people from other restaurants ask others who either work with me, or used to work with me, the response is, "Oh yeah, that's the guy that does all the foams." :huh:

Back
Top Bottom