Can I fry meatballs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have cooked them in the frying pan several times. When I do I usually make them smaller so they can cook through without burning.

Are you talking about deep frying meatballs, or sauteing them in a little oil? I saute them in a little oil, not deep fry them.

Pan frying them in oil. No deep frying, I'm too scared to deep fry anything.

Now, can somebody link me to a simple but yummy recipe for fry-able meatballs?

When I make meatballs to go into a tomato sauce, I always pan sear them to get a nice dark brown crust on them then put them into the sauce to simmer. After searing all the meatballs, I deglaze the pan with some of the tomato sauce and add it all back into the pot. Can't pass up all that flavor!

Funny never thought of meatballs going in the oven.

Always either pan fried then into the sauce..

or you can press them into patties and fry them through for polpette

.... the thread title made me think of deep frying... hmm a battered deep fried meatball... may have to try that one day.

I usually make a bunch (3 or more pounds of mixture).
I brown in the frying pan, then transfer to a baking pan and finish in the oven. Makes at least 8 meals, so I vacuum pack and freeze the excess.

I've fried them, baked them and even poached them (as albondigas), and I think that fried is probably the best. Just be sure to start them on medium and gently turn them as they cook so they don't fall apart. Or you'll have a pan full of hamburger....

I have been known to pan fry them then finish in the oven; pan fry then finish in the sauce; or pan fry then finish in the slow cooker in a BBQ/apricot preserve sauce as cocktail meat balls.
I have never done the really large meatballs only the small or medium sized meatballs.

Back
Top Bottom