Can I get away with making this 2 days ahead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
This is an Italian Almond Cake. One site said you can make it a day ahead and to keep it in an airtight containor on the counter (not in the refrigerator).

Any chance I can get away with making it two days ahead?

I''m thinking about making a simple chocolate ganche made with real cream and chocolate for the top.

Thanks

Cakes generally get better with a little age - if you keep it in the fridge, well covered (like in a cake keeper) I don't see any reason why you can't make it two days ahead. I wouldn't leave it on the counter if it has cream in the frosting...

This is an Italian Almond Cake. One site said you can make it a day ahead and to keep it in an airtight containor on the counter (not in the refrigerator)...

Unless you plan on eating this cake all at once, it's going to last more than a couple of days. I think it will be OK.

I think the danger is with it drying out? So maybe putting it in the fridge in an airtight container instead of on the counter for two days would be better?
Just a guess, not really sure...

I would wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge until you frost it.

I would keep this cake out of the fridge, it will be fine. I would only refrigerate it if you're in a hot country, have you got a Tupperware cake container? This would be perfect till you need to put the topping on. I've never seen Italians put cakes in the fridge.
Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom