OMG! Unexpected new arrival!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Like everyone else, we're caught in this deep-freeze. We have one dog outside, a white Lab. I go out daily to make sure she is warm in her shelter, and to get her fresh water (it's usually frozen), and to get her some food. I go out today, with some food. She stands up from where she was all curled up. I hear something grunting! I looked, and this dog had a puppy! Heck, I didn't even realize she was pregnant. I immediately brought Mom and Baby inside. The puppy is female. Not sure about the father, but he is probably one of the pit bulls that wander the "neighborhood" (they aren't vicious, thank goodness!).

OMG! In the midst of typing this, my 4 y.o. daught just brought the puppy to me! I took her back to Mommy, and locked the back part of the house.

Ya, that's odd for such a large dog to have 1 puppy. I'd definitly get her checked out.

And I want pics of squishy puppy face :ROFLMAO:

I second Katie's message - you're a good guy for bringing them in. Our recently departed dogs also lived outside, but it is always warm here and we live outside most of the time as well. Wish we had that little puppy! We need one....

+1!

also, are labs known for being able to live in that cold of a climate? i mean, i know dogs like the sled dog types can, but labs?

+1!

also, are labs known for being able to live in that cold of a climate? i mean, i know dogs like the sled dog types can, but labs?

Yes, as long as they have shelter and fresh water. Our black lab didn't mind cold weather at all. In fact, when we tried to put straw in his house, he pulled it out. He grew an extra thick winter coat, and when he started shedding in the spring, it came out in big patches.
We always supplemented our outdoor dogs diet in cold weather with things like raw eggs, bacon grease, fat trimmings from meat...and did they ever love gravy!

Congrats on your furry new baby. Now you are a surrogate Dad, as well as Father to your own. Are you gonna teach her to chase her tail? You know that you have to teach by example.:LOL:

Ok, I'll be good. Really, I congratulate you on the new arrival. Lab/pit-bull. Both are great people dogs, strong and athletic. And both need to be introduced to many people at a young age. And both can be protective of their families. Enjoy.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom