Banana Oatmeal Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
2-3 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar (either works)
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips

Blend wet ingredients together til smooth. Add dry ingredients all at once and stir just til incorporated. Makes 12-18 muffins (depends on how big you like your muffins) Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick.

Last edited:
Alix, all your recipes look fabulous! I think I'll try these over the weekend. Thank you for sharing!

Oh my goodness ... that's all I can say.

These muffins are delicious! I kept the oil but substituted walnuts for the chocolate chips (DH isn't a fan of chocolate in breads). They are moist with a bit of chew from the oatmeal. Yum Yum Yum!

Thank you again Alix for sharing!

Wow. I should have posted these long ago. I just didn't think many folks liked banana muffins. Thought most people preferred banana bread. YAY! I'm happy to have pleased people.

This looks easy and healthy. Thanks! Do you know the fat / calorie contents? Assuming I can just use normal old-fashioned oats right? Can I use whole-wheat flour?

~Sararara

...Thought most people preferred banana bread...

While we really like banana bread (all breads really), they are harder to pack for lunches or snacks. Throwing a muffin into a lunch bag is much easier and they tend to get eaten. Plus, it's nice to "mix it up" a little.

Thanks again!

Saraaaaa (did I get enough a's ... ?), I used plain old Quaker Oats, not the quick cooking. You can figure the fat / calorie count by adding up the numbers for all the ingredients and dividing by the number of muffins you get (I got 17). I know you can factor in the fiber somehow when you do the calories but I'm not exactly sure how you do that ...

Alix, these sound very good and healthy with the oatmeal, too. I love chocolate chips with banana, too. Do you use quick cooking (not instant) oats?

Susan, I use whatever oats I have in the house. I don't usually have steel cut, but regularly have both quick and regular oats. I don't know about instant. The only instant stuff I have is the little packages my daughter makes for breakfast. Is that the instant kind? Sorry, sometimes products differ across the border.

Ok, good to know we are talking about the same stuff. I was a bit confused there for a moment. Like I said, products are often called something different on the other side of the 49th parallel.

Its cold and icky outside today so I'm thinking of baking. Might just have to do some of these for me. Good comfort food.

Back
Top Bottom