Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My breakfast is rapidly becoming brunch this morning because I decided to go all out and make a recipe I found here this morning. Anxiously awaiting it's removal from the oven.

My breakfast is rapidly becoming brunch this morning because I decided to go all out and make a recipe I found here this morning. Anxiously awaiting it's removal from the oven.
I saw your picture over in the Eggs, Cheese and Dairy forum....http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f22/easy-country-breakfast-casserole-56291.html I'm glad you liked it, even though it needed something else. I haven't tried it yet, but I have Bisquick now! :chef: Sometime next weekend, perhaps. Thank you for the great picture!

I haven't had any breakfast or lunch.. no real appetite, which means I'll pig-out at dinner.... if I ever decide what I'm having. My BF, Mark, had a banana. Not much eating going on here today, so far.

I saw your picture over in the Eggs, Cheese and Dairy forum....http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f22/easy-country-breakfast-casserole-56291.html I'm glad you liked it, even though it needed something else. I haven't tried it yet, but I have Bisquick now! :chef: Sometime next weekend, perhaps. Thank you for the great picture!

I haven't had any breakfast or lunch.. no real appetite, which means I'll pig-out at dinner.... if I ever decide what I'm having. My BF, Mark, had a banana. Not much eating going on here today, so far.
You're welcome. LOL at the italics for "something else." I figured since you hadn't tried it, I'd experiment for you. :angel: For what it's worth, garlic salt is not a good addition. I sliced off a little, sprinkled with garlic salt, not a good idea. I'll definitely be having some for breakfast tomorrow too. It is probably great without additions, but those green onions called to me.

I added rye toast with cream cheese and some sliced tomatoes. I'm definitely not hungry and I ate three hours ago. Nice and filling!!

A bowl of Honey Comb cereal and coffee. I bought the box of cereal a couple of weeks ago. I usually buy cereals that are "good" for me, but what I really wanted to buy was either a box of Captain Crunch or Lucky Charms. So, I settled for Comb cereal because I figured it had less sugar than the other two.

I had some leftover grilled turkey kielbasa in the fridge, & diced up it was just enough to make two lovely "Turkey Kielbasa & Cheddar Omelettes". Delicious!

Oatmeal with raisins, skim milk and splenda. Just like everyday now that I'm on a strict diet. With the exception of one day a week when I get to have a "normal" meal, just one. I normally choose to make it breakfast, but this week I'm hungerin' for red, bloody MEAT!

Oatmeal with raisins, skim milk and splenda. Just like everyday now that I'm on a strict diet. With the exception of one day a week when I get to have a "normal" meal, just one. I normally choose to make it breakfast, but this week I'm hungerin' for red, bloody MEAT!
I haven't read through all the forums, but if you don't mind me asking, what kind of stict diet are you on?

My BF just found out that he has Type 2 Diabetes, and we might have to totally rethink our diet. Well, I have to get a handle on this as I am the one that makes breakfast, lunch and dinner. The one meal I am finding the hardest is the lunch that he takes to work. I got into a routine with his lunch, now that has all changed. He has an appointment Wed. morning to get more information.

I think this should be over in the Special Diets forum, and I didn't mean to hijack my own thread.

This morning we are having scrambled eggs with diced red bell pepper and green onion.. bacon and toast on the side.

Vanilla: The doc said my BP was still too high, my cholesterol was killing me and my triglyicerides (spelling) were on the verge of my being diabetic. Also anemic and needing to lose some blubber. In other words, a total wreck.

Diet: NO EGGS! Breakfast: oatmeal with raisins and non-fat milk ( as a kid we called it "blue milk"). Tea. Sweetener throughout the day is sucralose (Splenda). Occasionaly a smoothie: 1 C non-fat milk, 1 scoop (approx. 1/4 C) Whey powder, 1 Tbsp ground Flax Seed, 1 banana or 1 C frozen Strawberries. Smidgen of Cinnamon, if desired. If too bitter add some Splenda (0 cals).

Lunch: celery and carrot sticks with a non-fat dip, grapes, iced tea. Dip is made by draining a 26 oz container of non-fat plain yogurt through a seive lined with several coffee filters for several hours, until all that is left is a very thick yogurt
(Greek style). Then mix with Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix, or I make Tzatzaki. Grate one or two cucumbers, salt and drain. Mince one or more cloves of garlic, to taste. Add to yogurt along with 1 tsp dried Dill weed (or more). Good. I don't use salt on anything. MSG (lightly) or Morton's Salt Substitute (posassium chorlide).

Dinner: usually steamed veggies and some diced, cooked breast of chicken.
Sometimes I make a sauce: 1/4 C powdered Cheese, 1/2 C non-fat milk, 2 Tbsp Cornstarch, 2 Tbsp margerine. Heat milk and butter, stir in cheese and cornstarch, stir over med heat until thickened.

Snack: a few pieces of dried fruit.

Well, that's it. Exciting, isn't it? I've lost 16 pounds in the last two weeks, BP is down. The other parameters, I'll have to wait until late May for my next set of lab tests.

Today began as a blowy, grey and rainy day. Stormed a lot of the night last night, so this morning I decided I wanted a nice big bowl of cream of wheat. Did that and had a nice hot cup of apple-cinnamon tea and a glass of juice. That was enough for me today. Sunday is when we usually indulge.

DH mentioned burger dogs today and in anticipation of that, I skipped breakfast and lunch so I'd have room in calories, fat, and sodium. He ended up not making them so I'm at 1/2 of everything today.

Vanilla: The doc said my BP was still too high, my cholesterol was killing me and my triglyicerides (spelling) were on the verge of my being diabetic. Also anemic and needing to lose some blubber. In other words, a total wreck.

Diet: NO EGGS! Breakfast: oatmeal with raisins and non-fat milk ( as a kid we called it "blue milk"). Tea. Sweetener throughout the day is sucralose (Splenda). Occasionaly a smoothie: 1 C non-fat milk, 1 scoop (approx. 1/4 C) Whey powder, 1 Tbsp ground Flax Seed, 1 banana or 1 C frozen Strawberries. Smidgen of Cinnamon, if desired. If too bitter add some Splenda (0 cals).

Lunch: celery and carrot sticks with a non-fat dip, grapes, iced tea. Dip is made by draining a 26 oz container of non-fat plain yogurt through a seive lined with several coffee filters for several hours, until all that is left is a very thick yogurt
(Greek style). Then mix with Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix, or I make Tzatzaki. Grate one or two cucumbers, salt and drain. Mince one or more cloves of garlic, to taste. Add to yogurt along with 1 tsp dried Dill weed (or more). Good. I don't use salt on anything. MSG (lightly) or Morton's Salt Substitute (posassium chorlide).

Dinner: usually steamed veggies and some diced, cooked breast of chicken.
Sometimes I make a sauce: 1/4 C powdered Cheese, 1/2 C non-fat milk, 2 Tbsp Cornstarch, 2 Tbsp margerine. Heat milk and butter, stir in cheese and cornstarch, stir over med heat until thickened.

Snack: a few pieces of dried fruit.

Well, that's it. Exciting, isn't it? I've lost 16 pounds in the last two weeks, BP is down. The other parameters, I'll have to wait until late May for my next set of lab tests.

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm trying to get an idea of how to meal plan. My mom works in a hospital back East (NY state) and sent me a lot of info that I received yesterday.

How you lay out your meals has given me a few ideas. Thank you again.

This was our breakfast yesterday. We didn't worry about anything, since it might be the last
time he can have something like this.
img_807506_0_9adbf2b7acc31ea5cbc3d9dacd99091b.jpg

Today, I'm not sure.. either an omelet or poached eggs.

Nope, just some black coffee. But, now am getting hungry, so defrosted some sausage we made in class, browned it, added sliced onions, shredded potatoes and cabbage.

My standard breakfast. Cup of coffee with cream and sugar, five whole wheat crackers with sliced Manchego cheese. Later this morning, we are driving into Vallarta to go to Costco, so we may stop at La Casa Waffle (pronounced Wah-flay here) for some lunch.

I made frittata , which consist of diced potatoes, sweet red pepper, salt and melange of pepper, roasted garlic , onions and of course eggs.

Back
Top Bottom