Saturday dinner 24 January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
As Mardi Gras approaches I've got the Quarter on my mind. Well, actually I always have the Quarter on my mind, but I'm cooking like I'm in the Quarter tonight.

First course is New Orleans Barbecued shrimp. I have embarrassingly large shrimp for this,too!

Second course is flank steak stuffed with creole cornbread stuffing, maques choux, and yukon gold mashed potatoes with crabmeat.

Blueberry tarts and bignets for dessert.

Lou is making Sazeracs for cocktail hour and I believe we're having a zinfendel with dinner.

We're having friends over for dinner and then we're going to a play. I'm making dinner based on the Inaugural Luncheon menu: roasted duck breast with sour cherry chutney, roasted vegetables (asparagus, carrots and wax beans - they steamed the veggies, but I like roasted better), and twice-stuffed potatoes (they served mashed sweet potatoes, but DH doesn't like them).

We've got friends coming over so I'm making big batches of Indian food: Gobi Parathas & Chapatis, Koftas, Pakoras and a mild coconut curry with red potatos, carrots and green beans. It should be purty.

Barbecue spareribs, and something on the side, but does it really matter what's on the side because I'm having barbecue spareribs... :chef:

We're having barbecue ribs too. It has been unseasonably cold here for over a week, but warmer today so we will have potato salad with the ribs - probably some raw veggies and apple dumplings for dessert.

I usually like fried catfish with all the trimmings for supper on Saturday night....However tonight I have this big pot of mustard greens - I just peeled and chunked up 4 big turnip roots in them -- I'm thinking a big bowl of greens with roots and lots of pot-likker...some hot corn bread..and...ah a couple of fried catfish filets too!!:-p

I NEED fried chicken, so I took 4 pieces of chicken out of the freezer. That will ensure I have leftovers. Gonna make cream gravy, which will make mashed potatoes necessary and, then, some buttered baby peas. I'll be full. No need for dessert.

I usually like fried catfish with all the trimmings for supper on Saturday night....However tonight I have this big pot of mustard greens - I just peeled and chunked up 4 big turnip roots in them -- I'm thinking a big bowl of greens with roots and lots of pot-likker...some hot corn bread..and...ah a couple of fried catfish filets too!!:-p

Where is the bourbon and chocolate ice cream??? Those were my 2 guesses.:LOL:

Honey dijion marinated chicken breasts
grilled steak w / mushrooms and onions
cheesy scalloped potatoes
steamed asparagus and broccoli

No dessert because i baked some peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and raspberry thumb print cookies earlier.

Back
Top Bottom