Please pray for Ria's soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
We lost Ria not long ago, I just got the call from the emergency vet's office. His little body could not take it anymore and he stopped breathing. He had a severe respiratory infection and had serious difficulty breathing.

He was 4 1/2 months old and a sweetheart. He is one of three brothers. We will all miss him dearly...

Attachments

• Ria enjoying the sun.jpg
    Ria enjoying the sun.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 208
So sad. Karen's right. Hardly a chance. But he got warmth and love from his brothers and you, he wasn't alone.
Prayers for the strength and health of the other 2.

Like Katie and Karen, I believe he'll be waiting for you too. Are the other two babies okay?

One is just fine, the other is in between. He has no energy, but tonight has been good for Kass. I brought both of them in the washroom because Kass is a bit congested and I don't want him to get as bad as Ria was. So I ran the shower for almost an hour and sat there with them wrapped in a towel.. I turned the water off, wiped Kass' nose, and he could smell the food I had there for him so he ate it off my finger. He is eating extremely well tonight and I'm really happy.

I think now that both are fed I will go to bed for a couple of hours until it is time to feed them again. Glad I called in and took a sick day tomorrow. I should eat something or drink something.. I need groceries but I spent all the money on the vet bills :(
Will have some apple juice and go to bed. I've only had two slices of pizza and a chai tea all day.
Thanks for the support guys, I'll let everyone know how little Kass and Leo are doing soon.

Leo is running around happy as can be, and Kass is still sleeping away his sickness.

Kass has been eating alot since last night. I got up at 4am to feed them and we sat in the bathroom all together with the steam, and i wiped his nose to keep it from crusting so he doesn't have difficulty breathing. He was also a very hungry kitty at 9am! I am glad his appetite is coming back.

Leo is still a pig, trying to pick out of the can while I finger feed his brother.

I am submitting the claims forms for Ria's passing to the insurance company, they said they will reimburse everything. I need to call the humane society shelter and tell them, and ask for a refund. 48 hours after bringing a kitten home and he passes away...

Sorry to hear of losing one of your kitties so soon. It looks like the others will get on - well done on your hard work helping them.

I'm so sad to hear that, Saph. sounds like the shelter shouldn't have let him go in the first place, with the diarrhea.

Prayers and love to all of you. Sounds like you are taking care of the remaining two.

Saph, have you contacted the shelter to tell them about Ria? ChefJune is right, they never should have released him. Maybe you can at least recoupe some of your vet bills.

I'm so glad I checked this thread, I completely forgot while I was taking care of Kass and Leo... I just contacted them and they will reimburse me for Ria, which was $135.00. The vet bills will be covered by the insurance.

Speaking of the insurance, I need to get ready and bring the papers to the vet soon to fill out and sign (they open at 6 because they are an emergency unit), and I need to make a grocery run. I will give them the antibiotics before I leave.

My back and side are killing me from sitting on the bathtub on and off since yesterday with the cats, trying to clear Kass' nose. I can't just leave them on the floor while the water is running, the steam rises and it doesnt reach the floor. Plus I need to wrap them in a towel so they don't get more sick.

Well, I'm glad at least your expenses are taken care of. Hopefully Kass and Leo will be okay. Maybe you could pick up a cheap humidifier while your out.

Back
Top Bottom