German Chocolate Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
My attempt at German's Chocolate Cake (With assistance from Aunt Peggy)
Recipe right off the Baker's Box. Followed Exactly!!!
The volume of the batter was more than I thought would fit in the pans.
It did fit however, but after baking the cake was even with or slightly below the edge of the pan...Grrrrrr!! Why did this happen????

It tasted awesome, and the cake was very tender with a delicate texture!

PS ...Don'tcha be laughin at my icing job:cool:

That looks yummy! That's how my mom makes her German Chocolate Cake for mine and my Dad's birthday (I was his birthday present and also had a love of German Chocolate cake). Mom would triple the icing and Dad and I would split the icing bowl up between the two of us after mom finished putting the icing/frosting thing on (it's not exactly icing or frosting, I can't think of what it's called...it has completely slipped my mind. We were born the same day and the same month, just different years. He was born in 1926 and I was born in 1958. My parents had 3 other kids and they all prefered a Huge Angel Food Cake (white) with triple the layer of chocolate icing around it. Boy were they bouncing off the walls, and the icing was always the first to disappear off the cake. The little hooligans were forever tearing off the icing just to eat the icing.:angel::LOL:

Your cake looks delicious, Bob. It's not supposed to be a light cake...I think you did fine.
That's also some very nice looking china and silver you have there.

OMG -- that is CRAVABLE!

I'm a weird one in that I hate chocolate but I love the Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate Cake.

I could eat that whole thing right here in my office with some milk. In about 15 minutes.

The original Baker's factory -- the first in the US is only blocks from my house. It's condos now. :(

History of Dorchester, MA

My attempt at German's Chocolate Cake (With assistance from Aunt Peggy)
Recipe right off the Baker's Box. Followed Exactly!!!
The volume of the batter was more than I thought would fit in the pans.
It did fit however, but after baking the cake was even with or slightly below the edge of the pan...Grrrrrr!! Why did this happen????

It tasted awesome, and the cake was very tender with a delicate texture!

PS ...Don'tcha be laughin at my icing job:cool:

That looks fine, UB! I'd love to have a slice of that cake. :pig:

OMG -- that is CRAVABLE!

I'm a weird one in that I hate chocolate but I love the Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate Cake.

I could eat that whole thing right here in my office with some milk. In about 15 minutes.

The original Baker's factory -- the first in the US is only blocks from my house. It's condos now. :(

History of Dorchester, MA

In that case, I know almost exactly where you live. hmmm I thought the Bakers factory was inside the Milton city limits. No?

In that case, I know almost exactly where you live. hmmm I thought the Bakers factory was inside the Milton city limits. No?

LOL! I'll look for you.

The factory is on both the Boston side and the Milton side of the Neponset river, though more in Boston. They used the river for energy to run the factory long ago.

Traveling north from the factory, take an immediate right onto Adams St and follow it up to the Eire Pub. That's my nabe.

LOL! I'll look for you.

The factory is on both the Boston side and the Milton side of the Neponset river, though more in Boston. They used the river for energy to run the factory long ago.

Traveling north from the factory, take an immediate right onto Adams St and follow it up to the Eire Pub. That's my nabe.

I know where the Eire Pub is! The warehouse where the BPS musical instruments were stored and repaired was on Dot Ave. It's a small world! :cool:

I don't remember the cross street, but it wasn't too far from Ashmont Station. Shoot! It was 22 years ago I was there the last time. (YIKES! :ohmy: Where have the years gone?)

I've been in Dorchester since then, just not to "the Cave."

UB, I agree with all the rave notices. A good looking cake and I'm sure it was just as tasty as it is beautiful.

YUMMY! I LOVE GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE!

hungry-lion.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom