Copper pans.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoupDragon

Assistant Cook
I recently bit the bullet and bought a couple of Mauviel copper pans. I think i'm in love! Fantastic control and even cooking. My only problem is my other pans just don't cut it for me now and I see major purchases on the horizon. Does anyone else cook with copper? If so, do you keep them gleaming or let them tarnish naturally? I think i'm a "tarnish naturally" kinda guy!:LOL:

Recently, I bought a Falk 'fry' pan...just love it, the exterior copper is brushed so I use a scouring pad with scouring powder on the exterior once in a while, after washing the inside. Now i am looking for a copper bowl for egg whites...any suggestions?

Love my copper saucepot!! I have a small roaster, too. My brother bought them for our mom and sisters several years ago. I use mine all the time, so the outside looks pretty tough. Every now and then I will use a cut lemon and salt, or just catsup to "polish" the outside.

Recently, I bought a Falk 'fry' pan...just love it, the exterior copper is brushed so I use a scouring pad with scouring powder on the exterior once in a while, after washing the inside. Now i am looking for a copper bowl for egg whites...any suggestions?
hmmmmmmmmmm many years ago i got the copper insert for my kitchen aid bowl. it makes great meringue. i got mine from williams sonoma not sure if they still sell them.

i was raised on Clad pots/pans..... my Dad worked for them so he was loyal to them. copper coat pans in the day, they were lovely to cook with. i only own 1 piece of cladware now, myself,- a litttle pot. stainless.

cook almost exclusively in copper (Mauviel and Falk) with the occasional Le Creuset.

I use barkeepers friend on the Falk, and a copper cream on the mauviel. I polish after each use as I clean the pot. Very easy to do and takes no time really.

I have 2 sautes, 2 skillets, 5 saucepans, and an egg white bowl. They're all about 25 years old, and I used to use them all the time. When I got divorced, I let him have the SS and I kept the copper.

Now I probably own 6-8 'sets' or non-sets of pans, and I almost never use the copper. It just sits on display and tarnishes. It's way too much work to keep it polished!:rolleyes:

The one exception is a small saucepan. I always use it to make hollandaise. I don't use a double boiler, and when you make it over direct heat, it's real important to have the thermal control that only copper gives.

I guess I'm just too old to waste the rest of my time here polishing copper!;)

Back
Top Bottom