IN - Pulaski/Starke County

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWishbringer

Assistant Cook
This also applies to Star City, Rochester, Knox, etc areas.

Since its my hometown, and one of those very out of the way places with limited food options, in the extreme event you do visit the area, I have 2 places to suggest...

1. This is the home of Pizza King. Its right on 35 on the north end of Winamac. They've been using the same stove for maybe 30 years. The way they make a pizza its very thin, and has 'small' toppings (regular amount, just finely diced or chunked or whatever). Not expensive at all, if you like pizza its definitely worth a stop in.

2. The next place, I don't know the name of, but I can give directions. Its a small family owned place in Pulaski. If you take 14 west in Winamac off 35, just across the old railroad tracks (which have been removed, but you can tell where the crossing was), turn south on 119. Follow 119 south until you see the bride into Pulaski. Cross the bridge, and then just south on the first left. There's a marker next to it for a historic site of an old mill. They make great burgers. You stand to meet some interesting farmers if you visit at the right time. I had burger there while doing research in the nearby graveyards, and while at the place, a guy drove up on a tractor to pick up a carton of cigarettes and a case of beer.

Back
Top Bottom