to market to market, to buy my cookie stuff...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
when I return home, I have to hit the market for a ton-o-stuff for my baking frenzy regarding Christmas cookies. Here is my cookie list. Hopefully, I'll not divert! :eek:

Peanut butter
Neiman Marcus choco chip
Scottish Shortbread
Phefferneuse
Lemon crisps
Rum/bourbon balls
Macaroons
eggnog cookies
snickerdoodles
oatmeal raisin
gingersnaps
molassass
Russian tea cookies
meringues
cream cheese sugar cookies
Parliment Biscuits
sour cream drops
forgotten cookies
French butter cookies
Cherry Almond Christmas cookies

Lot's of sugar, flour, butter, nuts, etc. And off I'll go. :LOL:

Happy weekend to you all! :D

I want to come over to your house for the next two weeks!! All those cookies sound absolutely scrumptious. Have fun with all your baking. Bourbon balls are one of my favorites. I am going to make some this weekend along with gingerbread cookies.

Was out today to buy the spcial ingredients for the family's "home made chocolates", which is our indulgence, rather than cookies (we only make 8-10 double dozen cookie recipes)...

Really gets you into the spirit of the season, doesn't it?

Noted our OPP were doing their Christmas blitz for the Food Bank, and since there were surprisingly, a few shekels left in the bank account, enjoyed shopping for an "extra family" on today's grocery run...it warms me to think that some single mother might be able to "find" lactose free baby supplement, ointments and cream, some "good" sauces or quick pasta packages that aren't the very "cheapest"...the "good" beans versus the "cheap" ones...funny, I never miss the little bit of money that it costs...and isn't it a great feeling that somebody, somewhere in your community, might get the "big lift" from something that was touched by your hand?

You guys might give this a try...you can feel so much better, by this or other such "blind methods" of "giving back" a bit...you'll probably agree, we've all been given so much....

'Tis the Season"!

Lifter

Back
Top Bottom