Cubbie's Surprise Snow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Cubbie asked to go outside late tonight, so I opened the door. Cubbie looked kind of funny, and then he ran out. It was snowing for the second time this winter. Cubbie had a ball! He ran like a madman all over the yard for 5-10 minutes, having the time of his life! He enjoyed it last time (a couple weeks ago), but that was icier and it didn't cover as much. This seems lighter and fluffier, and it is deeper, and he liked it much better.

The cats are always looking outside (plus they like to bat at Cubbie's tail when he goes out), so I set them on the top step, one at a time. They each stood there for a few seconds, then ran back inside!

Yay! Snow!!!

:)Barbara

James just had a surprise too. When I told him it was snowing he figured there were a few flakes. He just let Cubbie out again, and he was surprised to see there is already about 6 inches and is still snowing. Not a big deal for you northerners, I know, but we hardly ever get any snow. We have already had twice as much this winter than last winter. :LOL: I hope it snows all night!

I just took some! He was in the neighbors' yard in one of them (They put food out for all the animals, including dogs and cats). The one without Cubbie in it is the tracks he made running through the yard.

Attachments

• Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-1.jpg
    Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-3.jpg
    Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-4.jpg
    Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-5.jpg
    Cubbie in the Snow 2-4-09-5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 190
That's cool Barb,
When my old friend was still with me, he would stick his snout down into the snow and run like crazy. He looked like a hairy snowplow!!:LOL:

That's cool Barb,
When my old friend was still with me, he would stick his snout down into the snow and run like crazy. He looked like a hairy snowplow!!:LOL:
If you look closely in the last picture, Cubbie had been eating dog or cat food next door and had snow around his mouth!

I tried to be nice and let my one semi-ferrel cat in last night because of the snow. My reward was he peed on me at 5 in the morning. He's out and never getting back in this house. Don't worry, he's got a shed he can go to but I thought I'd be nice to him. It wasn't worth it. :LOL:

I couldn't believe we actually got snow last night up here, looks like you got more than we did.

Oh I miss the snow... I got Aspen when I was in Co so she got to play in the snow as a puppy. She loved it. I would throw handfuls of snow at her and she would jump up and try to get it. I would love for her to get to play in it one more time.

I just took some! He was in the neighbors' yard in one of them (They put food out for all the animals, including dogs and cats). The one without Cubbie in it is the tracks he made running through the yard.

I just love watching dogs play in the snow. I have 4 chihuahua's and if the snow touches their bellies, they hop like bunnies, it's hilarious! :LOL:

He sure was! It's almost all gone now, as I expected. There is still quite a bit in front of the house, but most of the yard is clear, so I'm glad Cubbie got to play in it while it was there.

Barbara- come to my house I'll give you all you want. We've had to shovel our roof twice already this year. the first time it was all just over my knees and this last time it was thigh high and there was one part where it was hip deep. I will try to take pic of all the snow piled but it's dark so I don't know if they will turn out.

I got some to turn out and its snowing again!!!!

Attachments

• new cam pict 187.jpg
    new cam pict 187.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 154
  • new cam pict 188.jpg
    new cam pict 188.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 130
  • new cam pict 196.jpg
    new cam pict 196.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 146
  • new cam pict 198.jpg
    new cam pict 198.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 151
Mikki, Cubbie would probably love it! I don't mind snow so much, but I don't like the ice. We don't get it that much here, so they aren't equipped to keep the roads clear like they are in areas where there is a lot of snow and ice.

I just love watching dogs play in the snow. I have 4 chihuahua's and if the snow touches their bellies, they hop like bunnies, it's hilarious! :LOL:
I spent about 6 months with my aunt and uncle up in Minnesota (they lived just south of the Canadian border, right below Winnepeg). They had a dachshund named Sammy. We had to dig little pathways for Sammy to go out!

Last edited:
Barbara, those pictures are priceless. I think Cubby and Violet would get along famously!! She sure would be happy with a yard that big to romp in the snow! You and James really are going to have to move to Kamloops. You will be between Alix and I and Cubbie will have lots of snow to play in!

Oh sheesh Laurie! Now Cubbie is packing his bags! I don't have the heart to tell him we can't afford it yet!

:LOL:Barbara

Thanks for the pictures, Barb. They are great. You guys must all be having one heck of a winter...I saw on Drudge Report tonight that 90% of the US will have below freezing temperatures tonight. I don't think it will EVER snow here...if it does, we're in some serious trouble!

We have had a weird winter, that's for sure. Warmer than normal, then freezing. Back and forth. It is supposed to get down into the low teens tonight. I think the coldest I have ever seen it here is around 10 or 11 degrees F., but it normally doesn't get much below freezing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom