Double Sour Dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
This is probably for JoeV - but anyone is welcome to put their two sense in...

So, I have my sourdough starter in the fridge. Have successfully made sourdough bread with it.

Someone mentioned "double sourdough" bread. Would I just leave the started our for an extra day to get this?

I am "in charge" of bread this weekend. We are going to a cabin so I am bringing a couple of loaves. I was thinking a sour dough and a sweet bread of some kind.

Ideas on any and all appreciated!

Hola Jeni,

I am surprised you didn't get any responses to your request for ideas. Unusual, as most of the folks on all DC threads are very helpful. Anyway I am so late in responding I can't help for your previous (as in long past) weekend.

As far as I know, double sourdough is an oxymoron. I do a lot of sourdough cooking and have never before heard of a "double "sourdough". Anyone out there that can help on this question?

Sourdough, rye, wheat, white, sweet loaves of bread would be my sugestion. What about a nice pineapple upside down cake?

Marty in Panamá

Thanks Marty!

Yeah, I just sort of gave the idea up. There is a breadsmith in town that sometimes has, what they call, "double sour dough." Maybe sometime, if I go in there, I'll ask them what they mean by that.

However, I've been making all my own bread lately so I haven't been in there in quite a while!

Back
Top Bottom