Another Newbie! (I cook DO style)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fulljeff

Assistant Cook
My name is Jeff and I stumbled across this forum in my search for a wine substitute in a Dutch Oven recipe I have been dieing to try out. Low and behold, I ended up with 4 pages (and still counting) of replies to the subject. WOW! I learned so much in just that one post and gained a great insight into the value of frequenting this on line community.

I am an experienced DO cook, not a professional by any means but I cook on occasion and took a college course on DO cooking. I am a Boy Scout leader so it comes in handy and always pleases starving (or even full) boys. There is an art to DO cooking that fascinates me. I love the smell of a fresh pot as it reveals its years of secret flavors. There is something incredible about the idea that a small piece of what you spend you time and money on adds too the flavor of your cast iron and enhances you future dishes. The more I DO cook the more I become an addict!

I am grateful for the warm welcome and look forward to getting to know everyone!

Bienvenue, Jeff. Handy Husband (HH) was also a Scout leader for many years and did a lot of DO cooking. Not so much now that he has two cookers to smoke pig on.......
I will ask him what his favorite DO things were to make.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom