My daughter found her calling as a hairdresser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We know this because she now has first hand experience cutting her own hair. She was alone in her room with scissors and apparently decided it was time for a new look. Thankfully the hairdresser will be able to fit her in tonight to fix it :LOL:

The pictures are being taken now, but they are not really coming out well enough to show her skill.

Ah, welcome to parenthood of a young girl. I know more moms and dads who have been there than those that haven't. My poor SIL has three girls, one down, two to go for this to happen.

My sister cut hers so badly that my mom had to shave her head! They weren't sure she was going to have any hair when she started kindergarten, but thankfully she did! My mom said it actually seemed to grow in thicker, so maybe it was a good thing! She also cut my doll's hair and anything else she got her hands on.

This reminds me of a great scene in the book "Papa's Daughter" (a true story), about a girl (telling the story, as an adult) who loves to cut everything she can get her hands on. She finds a paper and cuts a beautiful deer out of it. She shows it to her parents, proud of her skill. Her father (a minister) wasn't too happy, as it was his sermon that she had cut up!

:)Barbara

Well my brother shaved his head at camp one yeah, but that was for money. That kid would do anything for money back then.

I cut my hair at camp years before that though. Must run in the family.

My camera lens is actually damaged right now and needs to go to the shop so my wife was the one taking the pictures with her camera.

They are at the hair dresser right now so it is too late for any more pictures. DW did save the actual hair though so we will be able to laugh about this for years to come.

I edited the smart alec comment.

Hair shots can be a tricky task with point and shoots something about the autofocus doesn't like the refractions of the hair. I got it a lot with my first point and shoot when I would take pictures of the cats.

OK here is her handiwork.

Attachments

• n1348915159_274572_5087.jpg
    n1348915159_274572_5087.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 190
Back
Top Bottom