ISO hash recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I searched online recipes, so I think I have the general idea, but...

can I use pretty much any leftover meat? I have a small chunk of leftover Pot Roast?

also, most recipes call for broth. That seems like it would make the potatoes soft...

I was thinking it should be more like crispy fried Hash Brown potatoes with bits of meat and onion in it?

What spices? parsley, garlic, paprika maybe?

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

I generally just go with chopped up left-over meat (pot roast would be perfect ... beef or pork but chicken would work) some diced left-over baked potatoes, and some chopped onions ... a little butter or bacon drippings to get it all going. Basically, you're just heating it all up ... seasonings can be whatever you want - I tend to just go with S&P (okay - maybe some garlic powder) and then crack a couple of eggs over the top when it's hot and slap a lid on the skillet for 2-3 minutes to steam the top of the eggs to cook them.

You can also saute the onions and some diced green bell pepper, then add the potatoes and meat ....

Don't get too stressed - it's just a dish to use up leftovers!

I don't see why you can't use anything you hve - turkey or even fish. Let us know how it turns out !

Have left over turkey or chicken, add some onion to you skillet cube the meat, add, diced carotts,celery,mushrooms, sprinkle with flour and mix til it is can't be seen then add milk til you have a thickened gravy . Now pour into an 8x8 pan lined with a purchased pastry crust,top with second crust bake til heated through and crust is crispy and golden.
I do it at 325 for 45 min watching to make sure it doesn't burn.
kadesma

Wow, wow, wow!

That's what I'm after. Hash with crunchy texture!

I'll try this tonight with left over beef pot roast.. and let Y'all know..

Thanks Finca!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Back
Top Bottom