Photo gallery of our ice storm!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, I am so glad that you got through that!! Jeez, that is horrible and beautiful at the same time.

Thanks for sharing the photos Katie. Man can't outsmart nature, as these pictures demonstrate. Glad you are back with us and that horrible ordeal is over!

That's not really Chief Paduke, Connie. It's one of the three statues of the Lewis & Clark sculpture that's on the lawn of the quilter's museum. He sure looks chilly. You might recognize the front of the Market House, which was just across where we sat on the bench when you and Kim visited.

Yep, beauty amid devastation. In the sunlight it was dizzying. So much sparkle it was almost hard to look at it.

I did recognize the building Katie. Looks a lot different than when we were there.
Isn't there a statue of Chief Paduke somewhere in town? Seems like I remember seeing one at some time...or maybe I dreamed it.

I can't take credit for the photos, Ray. They are photos taken by folks in my area and submitted to the local daily paper. The paper compiled the gallery. However, they do convey EXACTLY what it was like here during the storm.

amazing photos Katie, thanks for sharing..not sure I saw them all, it was taking so long for each photo to load for me...how many photos are there. I posted some photos from my version of that ice storm on my profile page. We really didn't have much damage on our little farm, just lost power for 5 1/4 days and slid around a lot!

Katie, I'm glad you went through this that well..

some pics just show a peaceful winterland, but some really show the power of the storm..

Katie, I'm glad you went through this that well..

some pics just show a peaceful winterland, but some really show the power of the storm..

Yes, cara. Quite a lot of power. The hours and hours of the sounds of the trees and limbs breaking was horrific. Imagine how it sounds when you snap a twig. You know, the "pop" it makes. Now, multiply that many many times. It sounded like gunfire. Especially when the 18-inch limbs and big trees broke outside my window. I've never been so scared in my life.

some of the pictures of trees laden with ice are lovely. i know what u mean about gun shots. was at my parents years ago and had an ice storm in the night. i thought we were being invaded. very scary. so glad u made it through.

Back
Top Bottom