Paul Harvey Died Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the obit in the Los Angeles Times, Harvey supported McCarthyism, was a "political fundamentalist" who blasted homosexuality and liberalism, and was "a close second to Gen. Curtis LeMay to be running mate for unsuccessful third-party presidential candidate George Wallace in 1968."

Although I strongly disagree with his idea of "morality and common sense" or with most of his political views, I mourn his loss as a fixture in American media.

line fro the song "Superman" by "The Crash Test Dummies" comes to mind, and fits Paul Harvey perfectly, and I quote; "...and sometimes I despair, their'l never be another man, like him.".

Paul Harvey was unique, and chose to look at morally good, and uplifting things. In the world of newscasting, he was a beacon of hope that all in the world was not bad news, that there was goodness in the world.

Though I didn't listen to him often, when I did, his stories always made me feel a little better than I did before listening, not that I felt bad before listening. He just had a way of lifting us a bit higher still.

As others said, he will be missed.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom