Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Probably going away - don't like the new look (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/probably-going-away-dont-like-the-new-look-55840.html)

Claire 02-28-2009 11:29 PM

Probably going away - don't like the new look

I find this new format very irritating. I'm an insomniac and use this site as a way to talk about food, and, yes, sometimes personal issues, as a way to pass the wee hours. It's always been rather relaxing, talking about food and life issues (you guys took me through many). But now with stuff jerking on and off the page, it makes me nervous... Guess I'm just too old. I'll still come in once in awhile, but ...... just too much drek jerking me around. I know you need to make $$ somehow, and the pop ups, the checkered background, and the moving ads must pay to keep you going. I'll still be there once in a while, but all that movement c...p makes me feel jerkey.

Katie H 02-28-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire (Post 797983)
I find this new format very irritating. I'm an insomniac and use this site as a way to talk about food, and, yes, sometimes personal issues, as a way to pass the wee hours. It's always been rather relaxing, talking about food and life issues (you guys took me through many). But now with stuff jerking on and off the page, it makes me nervous... Guess I'm just too old. I'll still come in once in awhile, but ...... just too much drek jerking me around. I know you need to make $$ somehow, and the pop ups, the checkered background, and the moving ads must pay to keep you going. I'll still be there once in a while, but all that movement c...p makes me feel jerkey.

Claire, you can go back to the format you are used to. Just go to the bottom of the page on the far left. Click on the v1.0 version. You'll be right back.

Claire 03-01-2009 01:36 PM

Thank you

I got so many private messages and direct email from people telling me how to fix the format problem that I cannot answer them all individually. I didn't know you loved me so much (haha!). I'm back to the way I like it. One thing you have to know is that as a lifetime insomniac (and I know a lot of you are too, or I wouldn't have gotten so many responses at the hours I call O'Dark Thirty), I only do things that I find calming in those hours, and that new format was just jangling my nerves (is that even a word?). I'm back, after only being away for a matter of hours. Thank you, all of you.

Uncle Bob 03-01-2009 01:44 PM

O'Dark Thirty ----:lol: --- I love it!!!

BreezyCooking 03-01-2009 04:38 PM

Yup Claire - I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. The new format is annoying as all heck, which is why I continue to use the old one.

Don't disappear - just follow KatieE's intstructions & come back to The Good Side - lol!

MostlyWater 03-01-2009 05:38 PM

i did it too, thanks Katie E !

babetoo 03-01-2009 05:57 PM

me too

BreezyCooking 03-01-2009 06:28 PM

And I agree that the "new look" definitely enhances all those friggin advertisements. Maybe that's the point.

I agree with those that dislike/hate it, if it reaches a point where we don't have the option of staying with the old format, I'll definitely be gone. Not that that's a dealbreaker - lol! But gone I will be.

MexicoKaren 03-01-2009 08:15 PM

Thanks, Katie! I prefer the old format as well, much more streamlined and easy to read. Sorry admins! I know you worked hard to make it snazzy....

GB 03-01-2009 08:22 PM

Actually the admins had nothing to do with the change. It was something Andy R. had been working on for a while.