Probably going away - don't like the new look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I find this new format very irritating. I'm an insomniac and use this site as a way to talk about food, and, yes, sometimes personal issues, as a way to pass the wee hours. It's always been rather relaxing, talking about food and life issues (you guys took me through many). But now with stuff jerking on and off the page, it makes me nervous... Guess I'm just too old. I'll still come in once in awhile, but ...... just too much drek jerking me around. I know you need to make $$ somehow, and the pop ups, the checkered background, and the moving ads must pay to keep you going. I'll still be there once in a while, but all that movement c...p makes me feel jerkey.

I find this new format very irritating. I'm an insomniac and use this site as a way to talk about food, and, yes, sometimes personal issues, as a way to pass the wee hours. It's always been rather relaxing, talking about food and life issues (you guys took me through many). But now with stuff jerking on and off the page, it makes me nervous... Guess I'm just too old. I'll still come in once in awhile, but ...... just too much drek jerking me around. I know you need to make $$ somehow, and the pop ups, the checkered background, and the moving ads must pay to keep you going. I'll still be there once in a while, but all that movement c...p makes me feel jerkey.

Claire, you can go back to the format you are used to. Just go to the bottom of the page on the far left. Click on the v1.0 version. You'll be right back.

Thank you

I got so many private messages and direct email from people telling me how to fix the format problem that I cannot answer them all individually. I didn't know you loved me so much (haha!). I'm back to the way I like it. One thing you have to know is that as a lifetime insomniac (and I know a lot of you are too, or I wouldn't have gotten so many responses at the hours I call O'Dark Thirty), I only do things that I find calming in those hours, and that new format was just jangling my nerves (is that even a word?). I'm back, after only being away for a matter of hours. Thank you, all of you.

Yup Claire - I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. The new format is annoying as all heck, which is why I continue to use the old one.

Don't disappear - just follow KatieE's intstructions & come back to The Good Side - lol!

And I agree that the "new look" definitely enhances all those friggin advertisements. Maybe that's the point.

I agree with those that dislike/hate it, if it reaches a point where we don't have the option of staying with the old format, I'll definitely be gone. Not that that's a dealbreaker - lol! But gone I will be.

Actually the admins had nothing to do with the change. It was something Andy R. had been working on for a while.

Oh thank god. I was shocked to see the new look and not pleased with it at all. The number one thing that made me choose this cooking forum instead of others was how user friendly it was. Thanks for the tips on how switch back.

Thanks Andy for giving us the option of keeping the Old.
I, too, just couldn't handle the New look.

I don't see all those advertisements at all since being able to turn them off. I'm glad those of you that don't like the new look, didn't go anywhere!! I like the new look myself. It's softer to me.

I had to switch back to the old version. The colors were irritating my eyes. If I wasn't able to make the switch, I think I would have stopped coming after a while. Love the site, but my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom