Trivia 3/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 3/5
DID YOU KNOW...
The last Fuehrer of Germany was Karl Doenitz.
He succeeded Adolph Hitler after his death, and held the office for twenty-three days.

1. What's the appropriate botanical name of the Florida county that contains Orlando ?
2. Who Was I ??
I was an original member of the Rolling Stones rock band. I drowned in my own swimming pool in 1969.
3. What part of Los Angeles has a "Street of the Golden Palace" ?
4. What is measured on the Beaufort scale ?
5. How many of the 5 original Beach Boys were brothers ?
(Bonus; how many were related ?)
6. Definition ("F")
n.~ 1. Anat. a. An approximately spherical group of cells containing a cavity. b. A vascular body in the ovary containing ova. 2. bot. A single-chambered fruit that splits along only one seam to release it's seeds.
7. The island of Madagascar is located off the coast of what East African nation ?
8. What 1990's boxing champion was nicknamed "The Real Deal" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
As proofing is the system of measuring alcoholic content, so "Underproof" is a spirit below the proof level.

1. Orange County
2. Brian Jones
3. Chinatown
4. The intensity of winds.
5. Three (four)
6. Follicle
7. Mozambique
8. Evander Holyfield
TRUTH !!
In the 18th century and until 1 January 1980, Britain defined alcohol content in terms of “proof spirit,” which was defined as the most dilute spirit that would sustain combustion of gunpowder. The term originated in the 18th century, when payments to British sailors included rations of rum. To ensure that the rum had not been watered down, it was “proofed” by dousing gunpowder in it, then testing to see if the gunpowder would ignite. If it did not burn, the rum contained too much water—and was considered to be “under proof".

I got 1, 2, 3, 5+bonus (Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson and their cousin Mike Love), 6, 8 and T/C.

Okay, LuckyTrim (or anyone else), here's Beach Boy's trivia back at you - Who's daughters were part of a girl's group along with the daughter of a couple from another 60/70's group? And who married who's daughter?

Brian Wilson's Daughters, Carnie & Wendy Wilson teamed up with China Phillips, daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of the Mama's & Papas.

Dennis Wilson ran away with and married Mike Love's daughter!

Last edited:
cindy and carnie wilson, and the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips- can't remember her name, but it wasn't Mckenzie................

Okay... now that I've read the answer, I've got the name.......Chynna

Thanks for correcting the spelling on Chynna's name. And I will correct yours now - Cindy is actually spelled Wendy! LOL Thanks for the trivia, I love it!

And now I have a secret weapon for getting more answers correct (without peaking). My Dad moved in yesterday and he is a trivia master!

Back
Top Bottom