Bilby's mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilby

Executive Chef
Just wantd to let all my DC friends know that my mother passed away this morning (2:15am Perth daylight saving time). I had been sleeping at the hospital for a week or so and was there for her last breath. Been busy today arranging the funeral and phoning as many of her friends as I could remember the names of. Cremation is next Friday. I am glad she is gone now as she was in so much agony at the end. I had to argue with a nurse last night to give her an extra dose of pain relief before they turned her. Neither my brother nor I wanted her to wake up and be distressed so we have tried to make sure she was heavily medicated once she decided she had enough (Tuesday). Luckily my youngest aunt was with me so when I just double-checked with her for her opinion, the nurse relented. She said she was concerned that the extra dose may have pushed her over but it wouldn't have mattered if it had as she was so near death anyway, it would have been a mercy. (It didn't by the way. She died several hours after the dose would have worn off.) My brother returned to the country on Wednesday so we made arrangements sort of together over the phone with the funeral director sitting with me and my (another) aunt and uncle.

Mum and I were very close and her passing leaves a very large hole in my life. I am fine but I am very sad if I allow myself to dwell on it, ... so I try not to!

I will try to check in a bit more often once life settles down again but I have a house to sort out over the next few months ... actually two - hers and mine! Mine has been in a state of neglect every since she got sick. I figured there was all the time in the world to clean but not so to be with mum.

Take care all. Bilby (Penny)

Dear Penny,
My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother. I lost my mother in '88 and was by her side when she passed.
(((Hugs)))
Diane

My mom passed away nearly 6 years ago after a good fight with cancer. Reading your post took me right back there. I know the feeling of relief that's it over and there is no more pain for your mom, but your pain is just starting. I still cry every now and then when I think of her. I'll pray for you and your family. It is always difficult to lose someone you are close to and losing Mom is hardest of all. May you continue to find the strength to face the days ahead.

I'm so sorry about your Mum. I know its been an awful little while for you. I hope you can find some peace now.

{{{{{{{Penny}}}}}}}

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You make my heart ache talking about it. You know you did all the right things - she IS very proud of you. Take a few moments and remember all the wonderful times. Yes, life is different, but, manageable. We are all here if you need "let it out!" :flowers:

Sending you hugs, Penny.

Watching someone you love so much suffer is just about the worst torture in the world. At least she has no more pain.

I'm so sorry to hear this Penny. I know how hard it has been for you. I'm glad your mum is at peace now. I'm glad you were able to be there for her through the end. My mom died a little over 8 years ago, so I understand some of your loss. Prayers for you and your family as you take care of all the arrangements and move on with your lives.

:(Barbara

I'm sorry. Believe when I say, you will be happy late on that you were there with her. My sisters and I were all there for my mom the last days also.
I really am so very sorry Bilby!

img_799978_0_879d3e1e76ad479fd11a2f120381d666.gif

Penny, I am so sorry about your loss. Moms hold such a unique place in our lives and losing them is so hard. I felt privileged to be with my mom when she passed from this world 17 years ago. I still miss her, and find myself, every now and then, reaching for the phone to call and tell her something. There's a strange "aloneness" about losing your mother that is hard to explain. I hope you have loving friends and family around you to give you comfort. Your DC friends are here for you always.

Penny, my heart goes out to you. My mother left us 14 years ago (this coming Wednesday) and I, like others have mentioned, understand all that you are going through right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend. Take it easy and know that when you need some support, you have a large group of people here who care very much about you.

Penny, I'm so sorry about your Mum. I know that you two were close, she helped you through your kidney problems when she could and she knows you were there for her. Our prayers are with you. Dawn

I was with my mom when she died, too. Wow, talk about powerful feelings! She said not to mourn her, but it was okay if we didn't forget her. She still had her Irish sense of humor to the bitter end. Penny, don't forget your mum even though it hurts; rather keep her memory - that way she isn't really gone. Six years and I still tear. Sorry about your loss, Penny. Marty

Back
Top Bottom