Daylight Saving Time - Set your clocks forward.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was indifferent to DST when we lived in OH. It was nice to have sunset about 9:05 PM, but with lingering dusk it would still be bright-ish until nearly 10:00 PM. Then we moved to MA. The early sunset (just before 8:30 PM) was annoying, but it was that "what the heck time IS it?" sunrise those first five Aprils that was a real eye-opener. Sunrise at 5:30 AM? :ermm: Dawn breaking before 4:00 AM?? :ohmy: I know why some people up this way think that basically moving New England into the Atlantic time zone would be a good idea, but the continental U.S. doesn't need a fifth time zone. :

None of that would matter if you lived in Alaska. I don't understand why Alaska even observes Daylight Savings..... I don't think it makes any difference when you're way up there.

None of that would matter if you lived in Alaska. I don't understand why Alaska even observes Daylight Savings..... I don't think it makes any difference when you're way up there.
I'd guess it's to be aligned with most of the rest of the country, for business planning, phone calls, etc.

Back
Top Bottom