How well do you like your steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

x-termin8or

Assistant Cook
Just wondering how well everyone here likes their steak?

I like mine medium or medium well-done.:mrgreen:

Most steaks I like with a cool center. Some cuts you can't do that so rare will do. A GOOD filet, however, I want a VERY cold center and pretty much just black and blue.

Medium rare. If a steak is well done I don't see much point in eating it really.

I freeze my steaks, even if I get them fresh. I put them on the highest and hottest part of my grill. 4 minutes, turn 3 minutes. When I stick a fork in it is has to go "Moo":. If not, it is overdone. :)

Very rare to medium rare, depending upon the cut and thickness. Never more. In France I order steak "Saignant," which translates to "bloody!" :chef:

Wow, I guess I have to be different. I have to have no pink inside. I can't have it mooing at me while I'm eating it. I can sometimes handle medium well, but it has to be well done!

Medium-rare to rare, although I will eat medium. Anything more and I find the meat to be tough and to have lost most of its beef flavor. I also prefer the texture of rarer beef.

As for freezing, I find that degrades the texture of most cuts, giving the meat a somewhat powdery characteristic.

Back
Top Bottom