Annoying TV Commercials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
I was watching that new "GO Meats!" commercial for Hillshire Farms and all I have to say is, ANNOYING!!

Oh my goodness. Everytime it's on I mute my TV. It's catchy in a way but mostly it's just obnoxious. Does anyone else have that one commercial they can't stand to sit through?

I agree. That commercial is in the "stupid" category for me. That kind of ad annoys me a lot.

A new Comcast ad with animated characters speaking in rapid monotones annoys me as well. There are more.

Ya, that one is annoying.

Mine is the Glad freezerbag one with "Erica" where a guy talks and there's these like these high pitched voices saying things like handy! while she makes faces.

YouTube - Glad Food Bags "Erica" 30

That's it if you don't know the one I'm talking about.

I agree. That commercial is in the "stupid" category for me. That kind of ad annoys me a lot.

A new Comcast ad with animated characters speaking in rapid monotones annoys me as well. There are more.

I JUST saw that one for the first time a few minutes ago! It's CREEPY...

Ya, that one is annoying.

Mine is the Glad freezerbag one with "Erica" where a guy talks and there's these like these high pitched voices saying things like handy! while she makes faces.

YouTube - Glad Food Bags "Erica" 30

That's it if you don't know the one I'm talking about.

I actually like this one, but mostly because of the sports like announcer in the background.

I like Ericaaaaaaa, grand poobah of pasta and chancellor of cheese. I actually have to sing that every time it comes on.....drives the hubster a little crazy :glare:. Really don't like Hillshire-Go Meat, but I hate the commercial of the kid who's selling chowder to tourists in t-shirts (free credit report, I think). They have saturated the market with that one. The little gecko who has put the guy's first dollar that he earned in the snack machine is cute. Love that little gecko eating that chip.

Glad to have this chance to vent.

I HATE commercials that have infants/toddlers
dubbed to present the sellers message.
The latest round is by ETrade.
It seems almost obsecne to me.

PS: Also hate 'Go Meat'
like Erica!

Wow, I am so glad to say I have never seen any of those! However, here they have been airing these commercials with a stack of money with eyes following people around...the money you could have saved with Geico I think? AHHHHH! I hate those! (sidenote, I dropped geico years ago for a reason, like the fact that I was tossing them TONS of money!)

Wow, I am so glad to say I have never seen any of those! However, here they have been airing these commercials with a stack of money with eyes following people around...the money you could have saved with Geico I think? AHHHHH! I hate those! (sidenote, I dropped geico years ago for a reason, like the fact that I was tossing them TONS of money!)

My husband and I have NO idea what those dumb commercials are supposed to be about. They are pointless and annoying so +1 to you for that one.

Some of the worst local ones here are the ones in which the owners' of a business have their children hawking their stuff. Many times the children mumble/slur their lines so poorly you can barely understand them. Cute little children don't cut it for me when I want to buy a car, mattress, suit....

As for national ads, I think my vote goes to Sonic drive-in restaurants. The ads that feature the male and female (assumed to be husband and wife) in the car discussing the merits of a Sonic menu item are among their worst. The husband is almost always made out to be a real dolt. Actually, any of the Sonic ads get under my skin. They always seem to demean someone in them.

Never been to a Sonic and am not likely to visit one based on their ads.

Oh, yes, Saphellae, I can't bear the Head On ads.

Last edited:
At least I can scroll through the ones posted here.

The commercial breaks on Dancing with the Stars tonight were about 15 to 30 seconds each and usually about 5 during each break.
Reminds me of the commercials on "Want to be a Millionaire"

...The ads that feature the male and female (assumed to be husband and wife) in the car discussing the merits of a Sonic menu item are among their worst. The husband is almost always made out to be a real dolt...

Making the male/husband/boyfriend the idiot in ads has been common for some time as demographics suggest females make the buying decisions in the home. Consequently, the ads are designed to make the female 'feel good'.

Can't remember the Company name...there are several. This couple says..."We owed the IRS $83,000 (or some other large sum) and we only had to pay $1800" --- Excuse me??? --- You obviously made a lot of money...Pay your taxes!!! I have to!! Why didn't you?????

Another one....The people who exclaim..."And I got my Scooter "Free"...Excuse me?? I think I bought a couple of dozen of those things last year myself!! --- "Free"???...I don't think so!!

Making the male/husband/boyfriend the idiot in ads has been common for some time as demographics suggest females make the buying decisions in the home. Consequently, the ads are designed to make the female 'feel good'.

That's too bad, Andy. Doesn't work on me. Makes me angry with no desire to purchase/use the advertised item.

E Harmony..Gah I just want to choke some of those people! I can't stand those commercials...

Anyone here besides me wonder if they will be so luvy dovey in 10 years?

10 bucks says she'll be homicidal! LOL!!!!

Munky

the mop commerical "baby come back song" and will buy you old jewerly they pay far less then it is worth, as our local tv staion did a test, send a pile and quoted worth 150.00 they had it all returned and went to a jeweler and quoted 700.00.
and of course all the precription drug commericals

Back
Top Bottom