Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Annoying TV Commercials (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/annoying-tv-commercials-56050.html)

snack_pack85 03-09-2009 05:40 PM

Annoying TV Commercials

I was watching that new "GO Meats!" commercial for Hillshire Farms and all I have to say is, ANNOYING!!

Oh my goodness. Everytime it's on I mute my TV. It's catchy in a way but mostly it's just obnoxious. Does anyone else have that one commercial they can't stand to sit through?

Andy M. 03-09-2009 05:46 PM

I agree. That commercial is in the "stupid" category for me. That kind of ad annoys me a lot.

A new Comcast ad with animated characters speaking in rapid monotones annoys me as well. There are more.

jeninga75 03-09-2009 05:50 PM

Ya, that one is annoying.

Mine is the Glad freezerbag one with "Erica" where a guy talks and there's these like these high pitched voices saying things like handy! while she makes faces.

YouTube - Glad Food Bags "Erica" 30

That's it if you don't know the one I'm talking about.

jeninga75 03-09-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 801088)
I agree. That commercial is in the "stupid" category for me. That kind of ad annoys me a lot.

A new Comcast ad with animated characters speaking in rapid monotones annoys me as well. There are more.

I JUST saw that one for the first time a few minutes ago! It's CREEPY...

snack_pack85 03-09-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeninga75 (Post 801091)
Ya, that one is annoying.

Mine is the Glad freezerbag one with "Erica" where a guy talks and there's these like these high pitched voices saying things like handy! while she makes faces.

YouTube - Glad Food Bags "Erica" 30

That's it if you don't know the one I'm talking about.

I actually like this one, but mostly because of the sports like announcer in the background.

Cooksie 03-09-2009 07:13 PM

I like Ericaaaaaaa, grand poobah of pasta and chancellor of cheese. I actually have to sing that every time it comes on.....drives the hubster a little crazy :glare:. Really don't like Hillshire-Go Meat, but I hate the commercial of the kid who's selling chowder to tourists in t-shirts (free credit report, I think). They have saturated the market with that one. The little gecko who has put the guy's first dollar that he earned in the snack machine is cute. Love that little gecko eating that chip.

mike in brooklyn 03-09-2009 08:07 PM

Glad to have this chance to vent.

I HATE commercials that have infants/toddlers
dubbed to present the sellers message.
The latest round is by ETrade.
It seems almost obsecne to me.

PS: Also hate 'Go Meat'
like Erica!

Teri's Therapy 03-09-2009 08:18 PM

Wow, I am so glad to say I have never seen any of those! However, here they have been airing these commercials with a stack of money with eyes following people around...the money you could have saved with Geico I think? AHHHHH! I hate those! (sidenote, I dropped geico years ago for a reason, like the fact that I was tossing them TONS of money!)

snack_pack85 03-09-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teri's Therapy (Post 801182)
Wow, I am so glad to say I have never seen any of those! However, here they have been airing these commercials with a stack of money with eyes following people around...the money you could have saved with Geico I think? AHHHHH! I hate those! (sidenote, I dropped geico years ago for a reason, like the fact that I was tossing them TONS of money!)

My husband and I have NO idea what those dumb commercials are supposed to be about. They are pointless and annoying so +1 to you for that one.

Saphellae 03-09-2009 09:02 PM

There are plenty of annoying ones, I agree! I just watched Go Meat and wow.... haha!
THIS is the WORST commercial I have seen...
YouTube - Head On - Annoying Headache Commercial

However one of my favorites...
YouTube - Bridgestone "Scream" Super Bowl Ad