The most dangerous cake recipe in the world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
A friend sent me this cake recipe...and why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg

and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and

mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at

1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be

alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

img_801107_0_8510fd2cfc4b1ba921452db61d849a24.jpg

img_801107_1_7f5d96a14ff019bb27f38a199ab9033c.jpg

img_801107_2_17b75bd3c711a2d43586ed7c46a2be0e.jpg

img_801107_3_eb56d1e4d345f9e5748aa190c59ff3bb.jpg

I hate you.........

I love you...........

I hate you..........

I love you............

Yep - I love you! :flowers:

Very rarely do I ever want something sweet; but, when I do - it's chocolate cake!!!!!!!!!! I see some options with this too!

Y'all are too funny!!!

Seajaye-
Glad you enjoyed it...I loved it too...I'm afraid I loved it a little too much.:neutral:

o dang... I'm deffinately makiing this tomorrow! .. i should not have ever read this. haha.... i love chocolate cake!!

Well, you DID warn us. Of course, I just had to see what a dangerous cake recipe might be...now I fully understand. Wow! Never more than a few minutes away from chocolate cake? I am SO glad that I just replaced my broken microwave.........thanks! Really. I mean it!

o dang... I'm deffinately makiing this tomorrow! .. i should not have ever read this. haha.... i love chocolate cake!!
Me too!!

Well, you DID warn us. Of course, I just had to see what a dangerous cake recipe might be...now I fully understand. Wow! Never more than a few minutes away from chocolate cake? I am SO glad that I just replaced my broken microwave.........thanks! Really. I mean it!

Your welcome...the friend who's recipe this is...is a wonderful cook. I'll let her know that the recipe is really appreciated!! :chef:

I'm intrigued - I am gonna try this. Perfect, easy, quick little something for when you have to have something chocolately!

I just made this. It works as advertised. It's a moist and dense cake and went well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

When I try it again I'm going to add more sugar and a dash of salt.

Our microwave is only 750 watts. Would you ( any of you) go with a full extra minute?
Thank you for sharing!

Betty you are evil lol
Just had to try this and yup I ate the whole thing right out of the cup. sooooo badddddd

but thanks, its a keeper, be great when then grandkids come over they can make their own.

okay, I just saw this and had to try it for breakfast:rolleyes:

AFTER I baked it, I checked the wattage of my microwave.......1200W! I got an acceptable product, but a little chewy around the edges. I will not cook it at full power next time...

I did add a pinch of course salt....and ended up eating the whole thing:)

If I wanted to replace some of the cocoa powder with espresso would that work? Maybe 1/2 and 1/2? Or should I just add it and then add a bit more liquid - like Kahlua or Bailey's to compensate? I can see broken up pieces of peppermint in here too, if you like peppermint, or a bit of Chombord drizzled in. TONIGHT this is on the menu!

Made this for dessert tonight. And, yes, it definitely needed salt, which I added. Will add more next time and added chopped nuts with chocolate chips, too.

I mixed it in a separate bowl, then poured it into a jumbo bowl-shaped mug that I sprayed with nonstick spray. My microwave is more than 1,000 watts so I cooked it at power level 8 for the 3 minutes. Perfect.

Cake was very good and I ate half of it 'cuz I want to have some for tomorrow night. It was tempting to eat only half.

My Dh and I made this tonight we subbed the vegetable oil and chocolate chips with blood orange olive oil and white chocolate chips and it was amazing with a scoup of ice cream! Def. serves two but we each ate our own. Before we had a chance to finish it though, it got really really hard. :( Have no idea what wattage our microwave is. I'd mix in a seperate bowl next time too, but the dh says it would take away from the five minute part of the cake. Smarty pants.

Back
Top Bottom