What is for Dinner, Friday, March 13th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
My sweetie is sick this morning, so I'm not sure what to make. It's going to be either tuna-noodle casserole or chicken noodle soup.

What are you having for this Friday night dinner?

pizzas tonight!

started the whole wheat no knead pizza dough yesterday, of the three cups of flour, I used 1 c. ww bread flour, 1 c. semolina and 1 c. unbleached bread flour...will top with home made pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and chevre cheese, also will use the round of brie I keep pushing around in the frig.....guess they will be cheese pizzas:)

VB, hope your sweetie feels better soon..

pizzas tonight!

started the whole wheat no knead pizza dough yesterday, of the three cups of flour, I used 1 c. ww bread flour, 1 c. semolina and 1 c. unbleached bread flour...will top with home made pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and chevre cheese, also will use the round of brie I keep pushing around in the frig.....guess they will be cheese pizzas:)

VB, hope your sweetie feels better soon..

Oh, pizza sounds soooo good. I wish we could have that!

Thank you, beth. He's not going to work, so I'll make him semi-homemade chicken noodle soup. I have to go shopping after work, so I might just make myself some pizza! :chef:

Well right now it's gonna be cabbage something. Haven't figured the rest out yet.
If cabbage is the feature ingredient, you could make cabbage rolls. Do you like those? They either are simmered in tomato sauce or basted with their own juices. You can take the pan juices and make a creamy gravy. If it's a side dish, there is another option on the bottom. Here are a couple of recipes.

Cooks.com - Recipe - Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
  • large head cabbage
  • 1 pound ground chuck
  • 1/3 cup rice, raw, can use instant or regular
  • 1 small onion, grated
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
  • 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice (1 large lemon)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar
Remove about 15 large leaves from the cabbage; cut off very thick part of each leaf. Pour boiling water over the cabbage to wilt the leaves.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine ground chuck with the rice, grated onion, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place a mound of meat mixture in cupped part of each softened cabbage leaf. Fold over sides of cabbage leaf; roll up. In bottom of Dutch oven, place a few of the remaining leaves. Arrange layers of cabbage rolls, seam side down, and sliced onions in a Dutch oven or large casserole. Pour on tomato sauce, tomatoes, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil on stove top. Sprinkle with brown sugar, to taste. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 2 hours longer.

Swedish Cabbage Rolls-Kaldolmar Recipe : Recipezaar These are a bit of work, but delicious!

side dish:
Sliced, Baked Cabbage Recipe : Recipezaar

One of my birthday gifts last month from DH was a copy of Rachael Ray's new "Big Orange Book" cookbook, so I'm planning on trying a recipe from that: "Welsh Rarebit Burgers", which are actually more of a "patty melt", since they're served on toasted Pumpernickel bread instead of rolls.

I am trying a recipe that I saw over at thepioneerwoman.com website: Ginger Steak Salad.

It's been a very busy day for me, so I think I'm going to take a plate of roast beef and veggies out of the freezer or I could have some of the split pea soup left from last night. I really don't feel like cooking,.

I made Salisbury steaks for Dad and I with onion gravy, with pan fried potatoes and salad. One of his favourite meals when I was growing up!

White chicken chili and beans, with jalapeno cornbread.
My first attempt at both and they were pretty good!

This was our dinner... a throw-together tuna-noodle casserole for 2-3 servings.

img_802292_0_d160a4148d6c7893e270bd79f8b0ad8b.jpg

img_802292_1_3d6d4c86b531ae06d3eb867752c077a1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom