A Puppy's Prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep..
I sleep right in the center groove
My human being can hardly move!

I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"

I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly,
I have sharp teeth-
I'm a puppy, don't you see?
For the morning's here
And it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.

So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.
The one who hugs and holds me tight
And shares her bed with me at night!

How true. I miss having a dog. My dog died 14 yrs ago and I still can't bring myself to get another one.

I know what you mean, SeaJaye. My father just came to live with us and he lost his poodle, Brew, four years ago. He missed her terribly but knew he couldn't look after another dog. Well, we have two, and almost from the moment he arrived they have become his dogs. I think it is good for all three of them! This poem really reminds me of how they curl up with him when he takes his naps (and sneak on our bed in the middle of the night!).

We had to make the big dicision for our Golden about a month ago, the hardest thing we've ever had to do! I have been toying with the idea of a puppy, this is a nice reminder of why I am just not ready! ;)

We had to make the big dicision for our Golden about a month ago, the hardest thing we've ever had to do! I have been toying with the idea of a puppy, this is a nice reminder of why I am just not ready! ;)

Sorry for your loss. It is an extremely difficult decision, which I've only had to make once, considering the many cats and dogs I've had throughout my life.

Thank you for sharing LPB. I'm gonna print that one out and save it for the day we ever start thinking about getting a puppy. We have an awesome 8 years old black lab. In my opinion the greatest dog that has ever come into my life.
Here she is on her first day home.
img_802584_0_5d44cae8e2c83814730cfa9a70109dd2.jpg

And here she is now. That's her wardrobe she's showing off.
img_802584_1_eb27061bfad68778d45f7252dd54bbcc.jpg

Awww, that's cute!!
Mine seems to like my pillow instead of my legs and she steps on me in the morning. she is not careful at all, lol!!

I had to put my Charlie Girl down on Jan 6, and even though I still have my Tessa, I miss my little girl so badly... she was the one that would snuggle down with me every nite - Tessa is more of a loner and sleeps by herself OUT THERE somewhere, and I just miss having Charlie's warm sweet fuzzy body RIGHT THERE beside me - she was my velcro dog, for sure... Thanks for sharing the sweet verse...

I had to put my Charlie Girl down on Jan 6, and even though I still have my Tessa, I miss my little girl so badly... she was the one that would snuggle down with me every nite - Tessa is more of a loner and sleeps by herself OUT THERE somewhere, and I just miss having Charlie's warm sweet fuzzy body RIGHT THERE beside me - she was my velcro dog, for sure... Thanks for sharing the sweet verse...

Sincere condolences. I know how that can stab at your heart.

Been there. Had to put down my Boston Terrier about 2 years ago.

Got a new dog after about a year. Not the same dog, but just as sweet and more of a bed cuddler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom