What is for Dinner, Friday, March 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
We are having breakfast for dinner.... I might make a breakfast casserole (recipe below)..... or just scrambled eggs, bacon and wheat toast.

• 1 cup crumbled bacon
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a casserole dish. Mix eggs, Bisquick, milk, salt and pepper. Beat 1 minute. Pour into dish and add cheese. Stir in bacon. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until center tests clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serves 3-5.

Add onions or change out cheeses and meats for variety !

What are you having on this TGIF?
biggestgrin.gif

DH is back to work so we are back to having our large meal at lunch (of course we did yesterday with Chinese food, some of the best I have had next to home made!).

I am thinking Linguine with a sausage ragout, salad (Caesar for us, garden for Dad), garlic bread. I am craving mushrooms so I think I will do them on the side and add them to our individual pasta because Dad doesn't eat them.

Dessert will be something out of my new diabetic desserts book. It is so great cooking for Dad and I haven't seen him eat like this in a long time so anything I can do to encourage him I will!

We are having breakfast for dinner.... I might make a breakfast casserole (recipe below)..... or just scrambled eggs, bacon and wheat toast.

• 1 cup crumbled bacon
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a casserole dish. Mix eggs, Bisquick, milk, salt and pepper. Beat 1 minute. Pour into dish and add cheese. Stir in bacon. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until center tests clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serves 3-5.

Add onions or change out cheeses and meats for variety !

What are you having on this TGIF?
biggestgrin.gif

Bean, your casserole sounds very yummy!

Come on over Breezy, seems like thats what my house is full of right now.

Thanks - I'd love to! Lol!! I had all these nice meals planned for the last couple of days & then I just funked out. So it was pizza last night, & turkey tacos tonight. I'm hoping I'll feel better enough tomorrow to make the Chicken Piccata, fresh green beans, & roasted root veggies I'd planned to make last night.

Bean, your casserole sounds very yummy!
Thank you, but I am going to make something else. I don't have any Bisquick, and i'm too lazy to run out and get some. I came across another recipe that looks equally delicious! I halved the recipe, because it's just for my SO, Mark. Actually, it's a good idea for single people or anyone on their own for dinner/breakfast. I might have a fish taco. It's been awhile, and I'm going through withdrawl symptoms! :LOL: :ermm:

I'm going to post both casserole recipes in the Eggs, Cheese and Dairy forum! :)

Breakfast Casserole for One!

2 slices bacon
4 green onions (scallions)
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 average-sized red bell pepper, diced
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt to taste

1. In medium skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain off drippings and crumble.
  2. Wipe pan clean. Cook scallions in butter over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add diced peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
  3. In bowl beat together the eggs, milk and pepper. Stir in cheese and the pepper mixture. Pour into a greased 3-cup pan (7x5x1.5-in) or baking dish (I used a glass Pyrex baking dish).
  4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes (ovens vary), or until puffed and knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 1-2 servings

I'm sorry to everyone that doesn't feel well today. Alix, I hope your family feels better soon. Breezy, take it easy, and get well!

Breakfast Casserole for One!

2 slices bacon
4 green onions (scallions)
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 average-sized red bell pepper, diced
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt to taste

1. In medium skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain off drippings and crumble.
  2. Wipe pan clean. Cook scallions in butter over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add diced peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
  3. In bowl beat together the eggs, milk and pepper. Stir in cheese and the pepper mixture. Pour into a greased 3-cup pan (7x5x1.5-in) or baking dish (I used a glass Pyrex baking dish).
  4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes (ovens vary), or until puffed and knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 1-2 servings

The above cooking time needs to be closer to 45 minutes, according to my oven!

img_804512_0_ed1ad1f2ba4b578bc6cfca2bf6536c27.jpg

had friends from work over for braised short ribs of beef, mash of root veg cooked in broth, roasted Roma tomatoes with basil and garlic, braised turnip and collard greens. Fresh baked bread (the 5 min a day recipe ... pretty successful!)

cheeses and fennel sausage with crackers for hd, and strawberries with ice cream on pound cake for dessert.

they left me a little mash, some gravy, and a few scraps of meat (oh yeah, and the bones!) Well, I can add some stew meat and make a quick beef stew with the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom