What's Healthy in your Fridge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
soy yogurt (very delicious!), hummus, cob corn, tilapia, 10-grain cereal, various fresh fruits & veggies, fresh fruit cups, crabmeat.

I have some veggies and I think some milk. I have three fridges so I have a lot of stuff in them, but I do not know how much of it is healthy. One fridge is mostly for drinks, so nothing healthy in there. Just soda and other stuff. I have lots of cheese, does that count as healthy?

I'll start from the bottom and work my way up. All kinds of low fat shredded cheeses, whole wheat tortillas, 1/2 head of cabbage, lettuce, gigantic bottle of ice water, various fat free salad dressings, diced tomatoes, diced onions, home made salsa, fat free sour cream, 2% cottage cheese. I think that's it for the healthy stuff.

Having just cleaned out my fridge it seems like there's nothing left. But there is still some lowfat yogurt, 1% milk, pickled garlic (very good for the immune system), apples, oranges, and boneless skinless chicken breasts defrosting for dinner tomorrow night.

Hmmm. I think I could make a case for everything in my fridge as being "healthy". The only stuff that really isn't healthy is the mayo and the salad dressings, but even they are made with olive oil.

May is just eggs and (hearth healthy oil), so what is not healthy about that:-p I have some chicken tenders that are healthy, but I am going to bread them and fry them tonight, so I am not sure if I can count those as healthy. I have some celeary sticks that am I am going to serve along with the chicken tenders, so I guess there is one healthy thing on the menu tonight lol.

Hm...

Low-fat milk, water, red bell pepper, lettuce, apples, sliced mushrooms, tomatoes (even though they shouldn't be in there, but I don't want them to ripen too fast), 7-grain bread, leftover vegie rice pilaf, carrots, cerely, and spinach.

Almost everything in my fridge is pretty healthy. Well, aside from the multipack of chocolate doors in the cheese section and a few condiments that may not contain actual ingredients :P

Off the top of my head :

-carton of strawberries
-bag of large sweet onions
-fresh rosemary
-fresh thyme
-bag of carrots
-Real Canadian maple syrup
-Organic sugar free strawberry banana yogurt.
-a jar of cuban honey

Back
Top Bottom