What's Your Hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to ditto Andy M. for the first part - Cooking and understanding food science + plus electronics and amateur (ham) radio. Well, there is also trying to teach my 4-yo grandson to play catch with a baseball - and trying to teach him to not throw like girl (he has two older sisters teaching him bad habits) :brows:

Of course, when I lived in a house and had a yard where I could put in a garden - gardening was definately in there. And, moving out of the house took away the BBQ and smoking hobby, too. :(

Last edited:
Love painting on little kids tee and sweat shirts,plus I've found some roof tiles and trying using those as well.
kadesma

Cooking, music (although I do also do that semi-professionally as well as a hobby), painting (see the avatar), camping, reading...

Cooking, Gardening (house plants and container gardening, mostly flowers), Photography (just amateur), Reading, Internet surfing :)

gosh i have so many. cookin is probably tops. i love quilting for grandkids. and sewing in general. sometimes i knit. i love to refresh old furniture and decor house, making llots of stuff, curtains etc myself.

i love dc and i love surfing the net. i play a game. cobra dragon on line everyday.
busy lady actually and at the end of the day , i absolutely must read.

I crochet thread doilies. At one time I had so many in baskets around the house that I gave them away for Christmas to whoever was nearby, then had my friends come in and pick the ones they wanted. I love to do it, but when I'm finished w/one I just pick out another pattern and start again. I also love taking pictures when we travel.

Photography for me.

Where do you get your candle and soap making supplies? Local or do you buy on the web?

Wow I just now saw your msg.My face is all red,sorry.
I'm not sure what type of wax your interested in.I worked with 5 different types.My favorite was the carving wax.Angels and centerpieces for weddings.
I never bought anything locally except for votive holders.Everything else was bought in bulk online.Anywhere from 50 to 500 lbs at a time,sometimes more.Not including soap supplies.
Feel free to PM me.I'll see what suppliers I can help you with.

Munky.

My hobby? Only one?

I pursue any type of needlework...cross stitch, embroidery, knitting, crocheting, anything having to do with thread, fabric or yarn. Interior design (my job).

I also love to sew, quilt....

Cooking, baking, gardening, music, dancing, reading, poetry, animals, writing....

Have also been known to dabble in woodworking and car repair.

There are so many things I'm interested in. Not enough hours in the day to pursue everything I love.

Photography here too! I also took up painting last year, and just recently became addicted to the xbox 360 my husband purchased- i <3 zombie killing... :)

Wow I just now saw your msg.My face is all red,sorry.
I'm not sure what type of wax your interested in.I worked with 5 different types.My favorite was the carving wax.Angels and centerpieces for weddings.
I never bought anything locally except for votive holders.Everything else was bought in bulk online.Anywhere from 50 to 500 lbs at a time,sometimes more.Not including soap supplies.
Feel free to PM me.I'll see what suppliers I can help you with.

Munky.

No worries.

My sister actually sells the stuff to make soaps, lotions, candles, lip balms, etc. She put together many kits that were sold through Martha Stewart Co.

That was why I was wondering.

Depends on when you ask me. One friend once commented that I have a real passion for glass because beadwork was my current hobby, and, yes, glass/crystal are my favorites. But a passion? Nah. My husband is my true soul-mate and immediately said, "No, reading." Yes, #1. Absolutely. But I garden and cook. So, in order, reading, cooking/eating, beadwork.

Back
Top Bottom