Delonghi vs. Cuisinart Expresso Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgoyal

Assistant Cook
I'm looking into these two expresso makers and wanted advice. I'm so confused as to which one I should buy (not to mention a huge price difference b/w the two)...

Delonghi EC155 Pump - Driven Espresso Machine ($100)

vs.
Cuisinart EM-100 Espresso Maker ($250)

Please let me know. Thank you!

My first question is why just these two models? Have you researched a bunch of others and narrowed it down to these two? Do these two have features that are important to you?

Yes...i looked at others and narrowed it down to these two. I'm working on my registry and most of my appliances are Cuisinart. But i looked into Delonghi because people recommended it to me. If you have another brand that's better and reasonably priced...let me know. thanks :)

Both get good reviews but I'd have trouble paying twice the price for the Cuisinart. I wouldn't be using an espresso machine every day so wouldn't spend the $200 for the Cuisinart. If yours would get heavy regular use, the Cuisinart may be the better choice. I have had good luck with Cuisinart.

Sorry, maybe I'm a coffee snob but I wouldn't own either, even if someone gave them to me. If you want an espresso machine, look at the ones made made by companies that specialize in making them - Saecco, Jura-Capresso, Gaggia, etc. Most are Italian-made but are widely available in the US at comparable prices to the ones sold by Cuisinart, DeLonghi, etc.

Read some reviews on specialty sites that cater to espresso fans. I have an expensive ($1,000+) machine which is probably overkill for most home users, but it makes great espresso and other coffee drinks and has been in continual use for over 10 years, making an average of 8 to 10 cups per day minimum - I make my regular coffee in it, not just espresso. Its about time for me to replace it and I expect to budget $800-$1,200 for a new one.

OK, I fall somewhere in the middle here: our espresso machine is a Starbucks Barista, and we've had it for about three years. We paid $299 for it, and it is used almost daily - we make our regular morning coffee in a different coffeemaker and use it for lattes in the afternoon. Makes me nervous if we need parts, we probably cannot get them here, but so far, so good.

Coffee snob, here. Roast my own. And...I have a stainless steel stove top espresso maker. Makes a single, double, quad...up to 15 oz. of very good espresso anywhere I have fire. Works on gas and electric stoves, steams and froths milk. Very versatile, and at home in my kitchen as well as on the Playa at Burning Man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom