Silicone Bundt Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoothseas

Senior Cook
My neighbor bought me a KitchenAid silicone bundt pan at a yard sale. Any special hits or tricks to using it?

Tried googling but most were ‘for sale’ ads. Did find one post where they were complaining about not being able to depan without the cake breaking up. In another, a woman said her husband complained that he could taste the silicone in the final product.

I do use silpat cookie sheets and would try making a bundt cake in this new pan.

tia, seas

Sounds like its time for a little testing. I would treat it like a regular bundt pan at first and see if that works. Then go from there. I personally have never used one. But I may give it a try someday.

i use mine almost every week. I spray it with baking spray and bake as any other pan. washes in dishwasher, stores easily ...... love it !!!

I have a set of silicon baking pans that I was given as a gift, and I've never used any of them...any special tips on the bundt pan? Do you put it on a baking sheet? How long do you cool the cake before you remove it from the pan? I'd try using it, but don't want to waste good ingredients on something that might not work.

Got tired of googling and not finding any answers, so this morning I called Kitchenaid Customer Service. Here’s what the rep said:

If the recipe calls for greasing/flouring the pan, do so. Use PAM for a more even coating.

Use an underliner/cookie sheet for stability. DON’T, she said, use an insulated cookie sheet.

She also suggested lowering the oven temp 25°’s and increasing the bake time 5-10 minutes.

Cool COMPLETELY before depanning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom