Fast Spaghetti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNoodleIncident

Senior Cook
anyone have a recipe that they really like, but you are almost embarrassed that you like it? well, that's what this recipe is for me....my wife ate it alot growing up, and i always called it "North Dakota Spaghetti" (that's where her family is from), or an "insult to italian cooking"....i grew up in NY, and have a fair amount of Italian blood in me, so I was used to the real stuff....it took her a long time to convince me, but i finally tried it, and i really like it....i would be way too embarrassed to serve it to guests, and it still doesn't take the place of "normal" pasta dishes, but i look forward to the days we have it....its cheap, easy, uses very few pots, and tasty....im glad no one knows me in real life :rolleyes:

also, as with most of my recipes, the amount of ingredients are vague, so just tweak it as necessary

+/-1lb ground meat - normally, beef is good, but we like to be a bit healthier and use turkey (for extra flavor, we used left over home-made turkey burgers)

1 box spaghetti

3-4 cans campbells condensed tomato soup

1) brown and season the meat - salt, pepper, fresh garlic, herbs, minced onion is very good, whatever looks good....i like it pretty browned, and broken up into small bits....drain any fat
2) cook spaghetti - if possible, time it so the meat and pasta are done at the same time....you want both to be hot (see below)...after briefly draining, return it back to the same pot
3) add meat to the pasta pot
4) add the soup - DO NOT ADD WATER or heat the soup! the mixture will be pretty thick....use your judgement with how many cans of soup, but too much is almost always better than too little....4 cans is prob good
5) Serve! its ok if you feel ashamed the first time ;)

makes great leftovers, even if cold....i dont have kids yet, but im guessing that this will appeal to them....its a bit sweet, so they may like it over other "traditional" tomato sauces

Do you put any Italian type seasonings, garlic, etc. in it?

My mother used to make "chili" using tomato soup - just add chili seasonings to your same recipe and of course, kidney beans. :ermm:

Man, you must be deeply in love! :ROFLMAO:

to try it the first time, yeah...but now i like it....i mean, we've prob only made it a total of 5 times, but i like it everytime!

and kitchenelf, you can add any seasonings you want - for me, fresh garlic and onion are pretty much a must, so is salt, pepper, and some italian herb seasoning

oddly enough I have seen quite a few people adding ketchup to there spaghetti for that bit of sweetness. My girlfriend make hers like that and I cringe watching her cook it, but it doesnt taste to bad

anyone have a recipe that they really like, but you are almost embarrassed that you like it? well, that's what this recipe is for me....my wife ate it alot growing up, and i always called it "North Dakota Spaghetti"

:unsure: I have one of "those" recipes. We call it Spam and Cheese, and my husband grew up eating it. Now I like it too!

Spam & Cheese

12 ounce can of Spam
12 ounces of Velveeta cheese
1 medium onion
white bread

Place the Spam, Velveeta, and onion in a food processor and process until smooth. Spread the Spam mixture over slices of bread. Stack the bread, separating the slices with pieces of waxed paper, in a big freezer baggie. Place in the freezer. You can pull out as many slices as you need, pop them in a toaster oven until the Spam mixture is heated, and then broil them until the top is evenly browned. I promise......they're good :mrgreen:.

to try it the first time, yeah...but now i like it....i mean, we've prob only made it a total of 5 times, but i like it everytime!

and kitchenelf, you can add any seasonings you want - for me, fresh garlic and onion are pretty much a must, so is salt, pepper, and some italian herb seasoning

I used to eat spaghetti with just ketchup on it.

:unsure: I have one of "those" recipes. We call it Spam and Cheese, and my husband grew up eating it. Now I like it too!

Spam & Cheese

12 ounce can of Spam
12 ounces of Velveeta cheese
1 medium onion
white bread

Place the Spam, Velveeta, and onion in a food processor and process until smooth. Spread the Spam mixture over slices of bread. Stack the bread, separating the slices with pieces of waxed paper, in a big freezer baggie. Place in the freezer. You can pull out as many slices as you need, pop them in a toaster oven until the Spam mixture is heated, and then broil them until the top is evenly browned. I promise......they're good :mrgreen:.

Are you SURE about that? :wacko:

im glad im not the only one who has a terribe recipe that they like!

anyone else?

(PS - stright ketchup on pasta has GOT to be worse than my tomato soup :ROFLMAO:)

im glad im not the only one who has a terribe recipe that they like!

anyone else?

goodnees me, yes, i love some horrible foods! (i adore these types of threads.)

-potted meat
-cheese singles (2)
-wht. bread
-green olives

microwave.

haven't made potted meat sammiches in years; i don't own a microwave anymore.

LOL - gourmet deli potted meat spread:

1 can potted meat
1 potted meat can of grated onion
1-2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 mashed hard boiled egg
1 BIG dollop of Hellman's real mayo
1 good dash or 2 of black pepper

You can stretch it even more with about a cup of shaved and chopped lettuce (probably will require another dollop of mayo).

Slather on whole wheat bread - serves 2 (or one hungry man)

Last edited:
LOL - gourmet deli potted meat spread:

1 can potted meat
1 potted meat can of grated onion
1-2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 mashed hard boiled egg
1 BIG dollop of Hellman's real mayo
1 good dash or 2 of black pepper

You can stretch it even more with about a cup of shaved and chopped lettuce (probably will require another dollop of mayo).

Slather on whole wheat bread - serves 2 (or one hungry man)

i passed by the mayo!!!!! thx fer reminding me! guys, fer my sammich, glop sickening amounts of mayo (not salad dressing) onto the bread!

haha im glad we are talking about terrible recipes! I remember a couple years ago i was super hungover at work trying to figure out what to have for lunch browned some ground beef added some clam chowder and penne noodles. It was so gross but so good.

Back
Top Bottom