I'm new...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thistle

Assistant Cook
I guess I should probably introduce myself even though I've already been posting.

My name is Thistle and I live in the deep south. I love to cook, garden, preserve the harvest, bake.. almost anything having to do with self-sufficiency.

My husband has put in a garden that is about 30x30 in size this year along with many container plants. We also grow edible flowers and fruit trees.

I love to cook food from other countries and have friends from the Dominican Republic and Nigeria who have been kind enough to feed me and I fell in love with the food.

I cook a lot of things without a recipe book but probably an equal amount without a recipe. I have been known to make up a recipe or two.

Glad to be here with the other foodies and cookies.

love and light

thistle

Hi, thistle. From another southerner, welcome to DC. If it has anything to do with food, from growing to eating, to preserving, this is the place to be. Stick around and become a member of our foodie family. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome Thistle,

This is a great community - many good souls (and good cooks!) out here ready to help out with whatever (and I mean WHATEVER) you need...

"Love and Light" is one of my favorite signings...

Sara Tonin aka Pot Clanger

Welcome! When can we come visit? It sounds like you have a fabulous place!!!

Welcome Thistle. Lots of nice people and great cooking talk here. Looking forward to hearing your tips, insights and Southern menus (love Southern cooking).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom