Food Grade silicone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MNTaxi

Cook
I bought Cabela's 1 hp meat grinder last year and I believe the instructions ask me to use food grade silicone on the parts befor storing it. What is it exactly and where can I get it?

I know that the plates with all the little holes that go on the front (meat gets pushed through like spagetti) like to rust almost as soon as you get them out of the water. Last year when I washed them in preperation to put back in the box and store I sprayed them down with pam while they were wet and than used a paper towel to remove most of the water and than sprayed them again. So far no rust.

I am going to have to pull the directions. Just wondering if anyone has one of these cabela's meat grinders.

OK, I didn't see what was funny. You must just be sick, lol.

What is Foods Grade Silicone? Like ingrediants? Is it some kinda fat or veg oil or something?

OK, I didn't see what was funny. You must just be sick, lol.

What is Foods Grade Silicone? Like ingrediants? Is it some kinda fat or veg oil or something?
i think mind you i am not sure but it looks like a spray to prevent rusting. i wonder if it would work on woks and cast iron.

I believe that if you look carefully you will notice that silicone spray is used as a lubricant on parts which are not heated or used for cooking. I would not try to use as a sub for veg or other edible oil/fat and would not use it on cooking surfaces like woks or cast iron.

Back
Top Bottom