Curry sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curly

Assistant Cook
2 oz Butter
2 tsp olive oil
2 large finely chopped onions
1 finely chopped garic clove(optional)
2 level tbsp curry powder
1 level tbsp flour
2 cloves
1 level tbsp tomatoe puree
1/4 tsp each ground ginger & cinamon
2 level tbsp sweet pickle or chutney
3/4 pt of stock or water
salt to taste

As i love tomatoes i usualy add a can of chopped tomatoes.

Heat butter & oil untill they sizzle, add onions & garlic,fry gently untill pale gold. Add curry powder & the rest of the ingredients.
Gradually blend in the stock or water,slowly bring to the boil, stirring. Add salt, lower heat cover pan & simmer for 3/4 to 1 hour.

This sauce can be poured over eggs,chips, etc or you can add cooked meat or fish .

Curry chicken is my "bestest" most favorite comfort food. I will have to try your way for a change. I just make the basic, simple, saute an onion, add chicken pieces until browned on both sides, add water to cover, add 1" pieces carrot, about 3 TBS mild curry, and simmer until done. I'm not sure what aromatherapy category curry falls under but it makes me all comfy and glad to be at home. That's not to say I'll go out looking for curry candles!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the recipe and I'll be looking for more from you!!

Authentic "restaraunt" style curries!

If you want to cook curries that have that "restaraunt" taste, may I recvommend my favorite curry site? It is:

www.curryhouse.co.uk

The British have actually replaced their national dish, fish and chips (french fries to Americans!) with curries!

Their love of curry dates back to the days of the British Empire when British people brought back recipes from the sub-continent.

You can actually get a better curry in Birmingham than in Bombay because of the superior quality of British grass fed beef.

Try this site - the guy really pours his soul into his recipes!

Olive oil in curries

Incidentally, I thought I should point out that olive oil simply doesn't "go" with curries. It is too "heavy" and you will find that ordinary cooking oil will result in a far better curry. Olive oil is great and a very healthy choice in most dishes - but NOT in curries! To REALLY improve your curry, try using fresh ginger - the difference is absolutely amazing and well worth the extra effort of chooping the ginger! Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom