Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Tuesday, April 21 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-tuesday-april-21-a-57143.html)

luvs 04-21-2009 12:15 PM

Dinner Tuesday, April 21

we cooked plenty of food today!
i dined on lamb chop persillade, asparagus tips & asparagus obliques, a grilled Japanese rice cake, edamame, oven-roasted tomato petals, risotto, sauteed zucchini & yellow squash & battonet butternut squash.

we also cooked: shar su roasted duck, sauteed breast of duck with a port wine reduction, spaghetti squash, medallions of venison, sauce of wild mushroom compote, venison stew, & tourne carrot. & wild rice.

you.....

CharlieD 04-21-2009 12:24 PM

How many people are having for diner? Looks like you can feed an army.

It's my daughter birthday she loves tomato soup, shnitzel with a side of mashed potato, and napoleon for desert and that is what she is going ot get it.

luvs 04-21-2009 12:27 PM

i go to culinary school, so we cook for 17. :)
your dinner sounds great. yeah for schnitzel!

Katie H 04-21-2009 01:03 PM

Took out some ground beef and am going to turn it into a Tex-Mex meatloaf and will have some french fries on the side. More brownies for dessert.

TheMusicalFruit 04-21-2009 01:08 PM

Pesto Pasta Salad with White Beans

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs (Post 815439)
we cooked plenty of food today!
i dined on lamb chop persillade, asparagus tips & asparagus obliques, a grilled Japanese rice cake, edamame, oven-roasted tomato petals, risotto, sauteed zucchini & yellow squash & battonet butternut squash.

we also cooked: shar su roasted duck, sauteed breast of duck with a port wine reduction, spaghetti squash, medallions of venison, sauce of wild mushroom compote, venison stew, & tourne carrot. & wild rice.

you.....

I made a delicious Pesto Pasta Salad with White Beans yesterday... It will double as lunch and dinner today!
Saute some cherry tomato, garlic, and artichoke bottoms in some olive oil. Toss with some fresh basil, heaping spoon of jarred pesto sauce, bow-tie pasta, great northern beans, and some S&P... top with some grated parm... even better day #2.

Bean Blog

chefkathleen 04-21-2009 01:27 PM

Beef ravioli tonight with homemade sauce and garlic bread.

ChefJune 04-21-2009 01:43 PM

Turns out a friend is coming over for dinner, and I didn't take any animal protein out of the freezer this am! So thinking about what I can do to make a delicious dinner w/o quick-thawing anything, I've decided on Pasta Puttanesca. I have all the ingredients on hand. We can round that out with a big mixed green salad with my "famous" mustard vinaigrette, and pears and Blue Cheese for dessert. :smile:

luvs 04-21-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefJune (Post 815486)
Turns out a friend is coming over for dinner, and I didn't take any animal protein out of the freezer this am! So thinking about what I can do to make a delicious dinner w/o quick-thawing anything, I've decided on Pasta Puttanesca. I have all the ingredients on hand. We can round that out with a big mixed green salad with my "famous" mustard vinaigrette, and pears and Blue Cheese for dessert. :smile:

can i be the unexpected visitor you're cooking for tonite? that sound delicious!

i may even cook puttanesca for late tonite! you're awesome!!

fahriye 04-21-2009 02:58 PM

Tonight dinner was, home made steak and onion pie, boiled potatoes, steamed mix veg and gravy.

Andy M. 04-21-2009 03:05 PM

SO's current favorite is Chinese pepper steak over white rice so we have been having that with some regularity, including tonight.