Dinner Tuesday, April 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
we cooked plenty of food today!
i dined on lamb chop persillade, asparagus tips & asparagus obliques, a grilled Japanese rice cake, edamame, oven-roasted tomato petals, risotto, sauteed zucchini & yellow squash & battonet butternut squash.

we also cooked: shar su roasted duck, sauteed breast of duck with a port wine reduction, spaghetti squash, medallions of venison, sauce of wild mushroom compote, venison stew, & tourne carrot. & wild rice.

you.....

How many people are having for diner? Looks like you can feed an army.

It's my daughter birthday she loves tomato soup, shnitzel with a side of mashed potato, and napoleon for desert and that is what she is going ot get it.

i go to culinary school, so we cook for 17. :)
your dinner sounds great. yeah for schnitzel!

Pesto Pasta Salad with White Beans

we cooked plenty of food today!
i dined on lamb chop persillade, asparagus tips & asparagus obliques, a grilled Japanese rice cake, edamame, oven-roasted tomato petals, risotto, sauteed zucchini & yellow squash & battonet butternut squash.

we also cooked: shar su roasted duck, sauteed breast of duck with a port wine reduction, spaghetti squash, medallions of venison, sauce of wild mushroom compote, venison stew, & tourne carrot. & wild rice.

you.....

I made a delicious Pesto Pasta Salad with White Beans yesterday... It will double as lunch and dinner today!
Saute some cherry tomato, garlic, and artichoke bottoms in some olive oil. Toss with some fresh basil, heaping spoon of jarred pesto sauce, bow-tie pasta, great northern beans, and some S&P... top with some grated parm... even better day #2.

Bean Blog

Last edited:
Turns out a friend is coming over for dinner, and I didn't take any animal protein out of the freezer this am! So thinking about what I can do to make a delicious dinner w/o quick-thawing anything, I've decided on Pasta Puttanesca. I have all the ingredients on hand. We can round that out with a big mixed green salad with my "famous" mustard vinaigrette, and pears and Blue Cheese for dessert. :)

Turns out a friend is coming over for dinner, and I didn't take any animal protein out of the freezer this am! So thinking about what I can do to make a delicious dinner w/o quick-thawing anything, I've decided on Pasta Puttanesca. I have all the ingredients on hand. We can round that out with a big mixed green salad with my "famous" mustard vinaigrette, and pears and Blue Cheese for dessert. :)

can i be the unexpected visitor you're cooking for tonite? that sound delicious!

i may even cook puttanesca for late tonite! you're awesome!!

Tonight dinner was, home made steak and onion pie, boiled potatoes, steamed mix veg and gravy.

SO's current favorite is Chinese pepper steak over white rice so we have been having that with some regularity, including tonight.

I had Dum Aloo( Potato) for vegetable tonight. It is an Indian vegetable with curry and Potato in it and very tasty if prepared correctly. Will enjoy that with my family.

--------------------
:chef:Enjoy Indian Cooking:chef:

finished off the last of the leftovers....the asparagus turkey noodle ricotta cheese sauce gizmo

that means I better be planning the next several meals to see what needs pulled from the freezer

We're having an odd combo. Spaghetti and meat sauce (smells pretty good right now) and Killer Coleslaw. Sounds weird but its what I was craving.

I'm doing a "box" thing for Mark tonight..like Hamburger Helper, but something else. :ermm:

Me, I have no idea. I might end up eating late again tonight, because I am clueless when I get home from work.. I don't want the hamburger stuff...doesn't agree with my stomach these days.

I was thinking a grilled cheese and baked french fries. I don't know, I want something with more piz-zazz. A panini sounds good, but I don't have the right bread. I'll let ya know ... it probably will be a grilled cheese and fries.

My meatloaf experiment turned out great. I mixed a bunch of ground beef with egg, chopped onion, garlic, lots of salsa, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, little dry oatmeal. Topped with salsa and baked. Yum. If I'd had taco chips, I would've used them instead of oatmeal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom