What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wasabi said:
I had shrimp and veg. tempura and a california roll.

wasabi, what is a california roll, I lived there for 40 years and have no clue. I was going to make a funny comment but the no=no police would boot it. I will PM it so you can have a good laugh.

Erik, I love biscuits and gravy. One of the local restaurants, The Roundup, makes the best biscuits and gravy. The biscuits are light and fluffy. The gravy is thick and creamy with hunks of sausage. Yum!! I just may have to get a togo order on my way to work in the morning.

SierraCook said:
wasabi, I want your lunch.

Norgeskog, a California roll is a form of sushi. Basically, it is made like any sushi roll with nori, sushi rice, crabmeat, mayonnaise and avocado as the main ingredients. I not all that fond of sushi, but I love California rolls. I have also seen them made with shrimp.

http://japanesefood.about.com/library/pictures/blcaliforniaroll.htm

Thanks for the link, wasabi. My daughter, her fiance and I get together at my house and they love to come in the kitchen with me and cook, last time we made calzones. This would be a great thing for us to do, then my vegetarian daughter and her carnivorous mom and fiance could all be happy with the ingredients and making our own. Thanks. again, and which lunch was it that you wanted?

norgeskog said:
SierraCook said:
wasabi, I want your lunch.

Norgeskog, a California roll is a form of sushi. Basically, it is made like any sushi roll with nori, sushi rice, crabmeat, mayonnaise and avocado as the main ingredients. I not all that fond of sushi, but I love California rolls. I have also seen them made with shrimp.

http://japanesefood.about.com/library/pictures/blcaliforniaroll.htm

Thanks for the link, wasabi. My daughter, her fiance and I get together at my house and they love to come in the kitchen with me and cook, last time we made calzones. This would be a great thing for us to do, then my vegetarian daughter and her carnivorous mom and fiance could all be happy with the ingredients and making our own. Thanks. again, and which lunch was it that you wanted?

norgeskog, you are welcome for the link. Sorry, about the confusion it was me that wanted wasabi's lunch.

Today, I'm meeting hubby for lunch at the local pizza joint by my office. He's off for the week so we're trying to do things we don't get to during a normal hectic week.

We'll probably both get their grilled chicken salads. They're huge and delicious!

Back
Top Bottom